System Shock 2 on GOG

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Yeah guys, no brainer, let's all replay this solely because its on GoG! Makes perfect sense, were all so cool! We don't play games because we feel like it or because they are good! :D

I still have my original copy and I don't need some website to release it to replay it, I've replayed it plenty of times.

Also you aren't supporting the original developers buy overpaying for it on a random site, just pirate it if you don't have a copy. :hmm:

Sigh.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Yeah guys, no brainer, let's all replay this solely because its on GoG! Makes perfect sense, were all so cool! We don't play games because we feel like it or because they are good! :D

I still have my original copy and I don't need some website to release it to replay it, I've replayed it plenty of times.

Also you aren't supporting the original developers buy overpaying for it on a random site, just pirate it if you don't have a copy. :hmm:

Sigh.

Tha fuq?

Maybe people never got the chance to play it when it released? Maybe they lost their copy many years ago?

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Then pirate it like I said. :p

It makes no sense to me why you would pay someone $10 for a 15 year old game when you aren't even supporting the devs. :hmm:

Also his comment is just silly and makes no sense. Everything about this really rustled my jimmies.

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond

It makes no sense to me why you would pay someone $10 for a 15 year old game when you aren't even supporting the devs. :hmm:

Also his comment is just silly and makes no sense. Everything about this really rustled my jimmies.
Actually, GoG talks with the developer and publisher of a game first before they release anything.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
That doesn't mean anything in this case -- unless the money is coming to Irrational Games which has many Looking Glass people in. The original developer company is DEAD. DEAD and buried. And publisher's profits mean nothing to me personally -- it's the developer that matters. And the original developer is no more.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
That doesn't mean anything in this case -- unless the money is coming to Irrational Games which has many Looking Glass people in. The original developer company is DEAD. DEAD and buried. And publisher's profits mean nothing to me personally -- it's the developer that matters. And the original developer is no more.
This is, indeed, the case sometimes.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe

You are supporting GoG.com, which is one of the best things that happened to PC gaming the past years and the best game vendor out there. This alone is reason.
I care about GoG, because I like what they do. I hate what everybody else does.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
I don't like what GoG does. They give off the impression that they fixed the games "for xp" when it's really the community patches that do it. They then market the game on their "fixed for xp" factor. As an original owner of many original non-GoG games, people are really giving GoG too much credit for slapping in ddraw wrappers, glide wrappers, dosbox installs, and cracks. And then there's their affiliate program in which a bunch of warez sites make up the majority for.

And yeah, while i'm glad it's not on Origin, i've been through with System Shock 2 13 years ago. No need for me to get it and play through again.

While it's great that it's finally available digitally legally, I think this is getting hyped out of proportion. Face it, the game hasn't aged well and the high resolution projects bastardize some things (like giving the cyborg midwife large fake boobs), and some of the level design feels way too contrived, like the engineering deck.

still a better game than Bioshock.

Last edited: