RuneStorm Announces Rooks Keep

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
RuneStorm, the team behind Ballistic Weapons and The Crucible, announces a brand-new UDK title called Rooks Keep. Any time RuneStorm announces a new project is exciting, but this one looks to be delving into under-explored gaming territory. Here's a description and below are some screens:

In Rooks Keep, players fight in detailed, full 3D environments and choose from a variety of animated sets of warriors. Rooks Keep is not only limited to Chess and offer battles in a variety of modes, including Chess. In addition to traditional multiplayer, players will be able to take on AI opponents as well should they choose. Rooks Keep will also utilise the power of the Unreal Engine via the Unreal Development Kit to bring new life (and death) to this age old game.

Vaginal Epiphany

Jun 11, 2010
I'm not getting it. Is this just chess with fancy animations or what? What makes this unique and why should I be interested?

ShadowBlade

RuneStorm developer
May 4, 2006
South Africa
www.runestorm.com
Yo, thanks guys :) Our first foray into commercial stuff, so we aimed at something a bit different to our usual content :D

There will be more than "Chess with animations", but we just haven't announced it yet ;) Chess is not the only part of this game, it's just where it started.

blindrob

Jan 5, 2005
Hmm, looks interesting. This reminds me of that old BattleChess game from way long ago.
God battle chess was awesome back then.
battlechmy0.jpg