CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Someone vote kicked me twice today.
You know, there's people who just like to accuse someone of aimboting because they got killed trough a wall.

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
Tell me about it. I've been kicked three times from the same server. No reason given, I guess I'm just too good. :p

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
BTW hal, I think the Skorpion is a O.K. weapon in close range. My main concern about it is the magazine that last like 2.5 seconds. With stopping power and the silencer as usual, I seen some guys use it really effectively.
I guess I'm just not a fan of reloading after every kill.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Depends how you deal with the shots, and the reloading time isn't too long. I got the habit of hiding/proning every time I reload my AK-74.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Why can't I find any of you online :c Katham, were you 1v1ing in CoD4 o_O Also that guy with the red dot on his AK was giving hitself a disadvantage because it reduced his damage. (ak bug)

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Why can't I find any of you online :c Katham, were you 1v1ing in CoD4 o_O Also that guy with the red dot on his AK was giving hitself a disadvantage because it reduced his damage. (ak bug)

I haven't been on recently due to a LAN over the weekend, St. Patty's Day and passing the **** out last night when I got home. :)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004

I sometimes use Xfire when I chat with my RL friend. Other than that, I have the steam version so if you have it too, go ahead and add me to your friend list.

I wasn't exactly 1v1, but let's say that I faced him a good dozen of times, in which I mostly died. What about that bug? I never know that, I use the same setup and it still kills.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I just don't like it, I guess. It always seems to take me about a full clip to take anyone down anyway. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

No weapon takes more than four shots to take someone down.

Personally, I'm bored of CoD4 already. I finished a lot of the challenges, got all the unlocks, and there's nothing to do from there, because all the pubs are pretty awful.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
AK47 + deep impact and deep penetration(whatever its called) and you will take out enemies in no time. Double tap is also nice.

Oh, I get along just fine with most of the other weapons, just not the Skorpion. Deep Impact is actually for penetrating cover and the Skorpion would not be one of the better weapons for that. LMGs are my weapon of choice when I use Deep Impact. I've not had much use for Double Tap thus far.

I'd shot in short bursts. Holding the mouse down is the worse thing you can do in long range.

The Skorpion isn't ideal for long range anyway. I do shoot in short bursts with it, but if there is more than one enemy in sight, you're probably not going to have enough ammo to take them out.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Yes, a SMG/Pistol w/ silencer from a long range + Juggernaut is going to take like 14 hits.

The Skorpion with a silencer (for example) can take down a target with Juggernaut in three shots. It'll take seven if you're going to shoot them in the feet at maximum range...

You can take someone down with it if you headshot them twice.