An opinion and concern

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Dec 31, 2000
Visit site
I am going to openly state an opinion that I have given to one of the "mods" here; because, I like this place and I hope to continue liking it.

I was a regular at that other UT board (IOError). it was a great community and had some very loyal members. It was more of a community than a game board and everyone had a lot of fun. Every once in a while, someone would get abusive, flame newbies or just start crap. The mods would quickly jump on these things and things would go back to normal. There were many pages of posts every week. In short the board was a thriving community.

A new "head" was appointed to the board and decided that total freedom of speech was the "right" thing to do. A very few twisted members decided that it was open season and started abusive threads, flame wars etc. Some of that even spilled over here and other boards. Nothing was done and things went from bad to worse. I along with a huge number of the core members left.

I still check in there, every few week, and can still see posts that I had already read at the middle of the FIRST page. The board is DEAD.

I respect the people here and am generally quite happy with this place; but, why is it necessary for some people to be just plain rude to others.

Nobody knows everything and nobody started off knowing everything about the game. Try and remember your first visit to a BB and think of how intimidating it was to post anything that was going to be read by a bunch of "experts." Now apply this thought to newbies, now that you are one of the "experts."

Why not cut the crap and use some patience and understanding rather than force the mods to impose what may be necessary to maintain the life of this board. I don't want to have to find another home.

Please forgive my wordiness; but, I feel this is an important issue.

flare

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
Visit site
This is getting real old. do we really need to keep talking about? Everyone has the same opionion on it, and most everyone is doing something about it. in my opionion, stop talking about it and just do it.

your not saying anything new that hasnt already been said.

Odie|BuF

May 31, 2001
independence,mo
rsuodie.homestead.com
i haven't seen a lot of thrashing as far as just being mean here most of it is just us b.s.ing with each other ..like me an jjax its just for fun an to get ready for the tourny match from now on if i offend some one tell me an i'll post a public appoligy(except jjax lmao)(i'm just kidding bro)..like i said there's been a couple buttheads but for the most it's just friendly bashing..