making me GO MAD!!!! ARRhhG!!!!!!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JJaX

Sup Big Perm, I mean Worm
Mar 23, 2001
NJ
www.thedirtydozenclan.com
In my Systems TAB in UT i get an message every couple of seconds!!
It says:

"System flood protection - to many incoming messages"

Or something of that nature. It just scrolls it over and over and over!!!!!!! What does this mean!!!! It makes my ping spike to 1000+. Someone please help me. I use cable and Pings are good. Then once i start getting this message my ping is un playable!!!! HELP!!! Its making me not wanna play UT anymore :(

Last edited:

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
Does this mean you won't be giving me that beating you promised me? :D

Hope you resolve the problem in time for your PuF tourney match. Good luck.

Valk

Mom, kitty's being a dildo!!
Dec 21, 2000
Great Lakes State
Visit site
That's normal. It happens when there's channel activity and you're playing, or not on that tab. UT's built in chat is pretty crappy IMO.

btw, "normal" means I get that too.. :p

Nugler

Apr 16, 2000
Indiana
Visit site
Are you sure this is what's causing your ping spikes? Because I get the same scrolling messages, but I don't have the spikes like that.

JJaX

Mar 23, 2001
NJ
Im like 90% sure.
When ever my ping is spiking liek crazy, I tend to notice the error message. You could be right Nugler.......

But i mean im tired of pinging at 1000+ when i usually get 50 to 100 ping. What could be the cause of this. I know that cable shares bandwith yada yada yada, But does sharing bandwith create such a horrific Ping. ComOn, No one can play with a ping of 1200!!! Whats causing this!!!

Im sick of booting up UT with my fingers crossed hoping that my ping will be playable. Can some one help, Or does any one else have this problem???

Nugler

Apr 16, 2000
Indiana
Visit site
This is just a guess, but it might be a bad router somewhere in the connection. Buddy of mine had ping problems for about a 2-3 week period until @home finally fixed the bad router. It took him about that long to convince them that they were the problem. When he had @home look into it, they denied there being a problem, they said it was just heavy internet traffic. He had to do some investigating himself. What all he did, I'm not sure, but he was able to locate the bad router, prove it to @home, and they fixed it. Not sure if this helps, but maybe it's a place to start.

JJaX

Mar 23, 2001
NJ
Originally posted by Nugler
What all he did, I'm not sure, but he was able to locate the bad router, prove it to @home, and they fixed it. Not sure if this helps, but maybe it's a place to start.

hell yeah its a start. I happen to be using @home too.
Find out if you could what he did to fix this bad router thingy. But i only experice this Lag when playing UT. Internet surfing and Morpheaus Downloads are still really fast.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
enterthegame.com has this weird flood protection system on their servers, if yiou leave irc for 2 minutes to play ut, it will trigger... ie its doing /whois you nonstop and if youyr away it will remind you that ur still connected.

Archmage[GDI]

Feb 13, 2001
Pittsburgh PA
Visit site
Ok Jjax, when ur ping starts spiking, write down the ip of the server ur on. then go to a dos prompt. Then run a tracert. If you dont know how to do this, all you need to do is to type at the prompt, "tracert [ip address of server]". It will then break down a list . What this is is how u connect to that server. It follows the signal along the hops to the server. There will be numbers on the left side that correspond to the router listed on the right. either copy the text here or look for large jumps in niumbers from roputer to router. If you post it here, I'll look at it and tell u where ur problem is occurring. That way you can go to ur isp and tell them exactly where the problem is (i.e which router is laggin bad) if you see any *, that is a big problem, otherwisde known as packet loss.

Also, it is not unusual for cable users to have bad spuikes and go to 2000 ping. One of my clanmates had cable and didn't drop below 2000 for 4 months. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

JJaX

Mar 23, 2001
NJ
OK i ran the tracert thing to s server i was going on. I also Checkded my UTLOG fiel and something interesting there to. So i zipped to TXT Documents that i hope someone could look at. Thanks for the help!! Im just a guy that wants to play UT with a ping less then 1000. **** i got broadband, I sould be able to plaY!

T

Terminal {DTH}

reinstall not nessary. just Disconnect from the IRC before going and playing online, then reconect when done.
problem solved