Mutator ideas

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I have some mutator ideas here. Any suggestions or comments?
1. Minor deployables mutator - makes forcefields cost less energy so they could be more widely used (like in UTXMP); gives Rangers a deployable (like those CPB guys tried to do, but the Raptor deployable is waaaaay too good): the Proximity Sensor. It is fully usable even right now, but it could be made more useful and the real static mesh will be used. The sound will be more noticeable and maybe it could even display enemies on the radar map.
Have some Replicator ideas too - it's a deployable for techs that allow you to register an artifact even if you don't have enough energy - yet it takes a long time and you are very vulnerable then, and also it uses up much energy. It has some fixing sounds too, not sure what they're for - maybe the replicator can break? Or maybe it fixes something? Like a portable energy station? Leo, any info on this? This has no code so it might take longer, yet suggestions are welcome :)
2. Maybe the EAX support can be done through a mutator. But not sure yet.
3. Enhanced Artifact Powers mutator - it wouldn't give extra points for that, and also random arties would spawn at nodes.
4. More music and an updated music list for the music mutator.
5. A full announcer that can use the announcements such as MONSTER KILL! and VEHICULAR MANSLAUGHTER!

Probably forgot something... Ah well.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
I have some ideas.

Ranger - Well, Ranger is really just a class that should be relaying info on who's where, why not have mini cameras? blow up in 1 hit of any weapon because cameras are not ment to be powerfull, and press a button for a view of the areas your camera shows, when a ranger puts 1 down perhaps everyone else on your team can view them aswell.

Techs - Perhaps another defensive tool? a security alarm. When you walk on these things they have a 5 second alarm sound. Maybe have 5 and each make a different sound so it makes defending alittle easier. If you know the sounds you know the direction.

Gunner - Hmm, no idea for them.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
A security camera... Interesting idea. I could use the U2 camera mesh and sounds, but it's not too easy to make it viewable... Of course, it would be practically the same as entering a vehicle.
Techs already have Force Fields and 2 turrets... So Proximity Sensors should go to Rangers. I'll make the techs' force fields better, and like I've said, I'll probably think about that Replicator thing as we already have the sounds.

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Heh, yeah, I like the security camera idea. I used to deploy field-generators as spectator points for observing certain areas of maps. As a sidenote, spamming field-generators is a good way to piss someone off who is trying to click thru one-hundred of them in order to spectate a certain player :lol:

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
might as well make everyone able to view cameras on all turrets, field sticks, deploy points, arti node, even players, of your own team. Maybe you cannot move while viewing camera.

Mar 6, 2004
What's the point in that? you need to do something you are unable to do, and gunners can easily wall jump to places, or conc, or w/e. IMO the hook is useless for a gunner.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
In the middle of making a nicely working Proximity Sensor. Just a few problems (see the other thread), but hopefully will be solved...
Hmm, indeed you shouldn't be able to move, much like the translocator cam in UT2KX. Yet that might need a lot of coding...
And yes, Gunners are good as is... Land Mines and trip mines blow.

So, how do you imagine the Replicator? The sounds that it must use are:
ReplicatorAccessing & ReplicatorAccessComplete, ReplicatorAccessDenied
ReplicatorProductionInitiated & ReplicatorProductionComplete
ReplicatorRegisterArtifact
ReplicatorRepairing
ReplicatorResearchComplete

The sounds are very computer-like, taken from U2's Sanctuary control room. So I imagine it as a some kind of a base that doesn't collide but can be shot, and when you step inside it creates holo rings around you, that scans the artifact and registers it, without the need of an Icon Node. And then what is Research? More tech available without the need of energy? And what's Access? To what?

Oh, and also I have an announcer idea. There are already announcements such as Vehicular Manslaughter and Monster Kill, yet I have to figure out when the messages are called in...

Last edited:

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Oh, and also I have an announcer idea. There are already announcements such as Vehicular Manslaughter and Monster Kill, yet I have to figure out when the messages are called in...
If you could somehow keep track of the last team that was in a vehicle, you could also add the "carjacked" announcement. Of course, to keep with XMP's existing announcer voice, you're going to want to use a voice analysis and reproduction system to create the new announcements. That is, unless someone can convince the original voice actor to do some new recordings for you.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
And here's the Proximity Sensor mutator! It's still Beta 0.1, but it works! It still needs team skins though, but it wasn't made for team play initially. Have fun! :)
Note: monitor this thread for new versions to avoid version mismatches...

Attachments

• ProximitySensor01.zip
    80.5 KB · Views: 10
Mar 6, 2004
And here's the Proximity Sensor mutator! It's still Beta 0.1, but it works! It still needs team skins though, but it wasn't made for team play initially. Have fun! :)
Note: monitor this thread for new versions to avoid version mismatches...

So i put it in my system folder, then made the mut active but i cannot find it...i am a ranger as it says, tried a tech too just incase.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Surely you need power for it to come online, eh? And also surely you lose it if you spawn without sufficient power, eh? Be a Ranger, go hack a gen, wait for the announcer to say that force walls are online, then suicide or go to an ammo station and voila - it's near the Shock Lance.

Mar 6, 2004
Surely you need power for it to come online, eh? And also surely you lose it if you spawn without sufficient power, eh? Be a Ranger, go hack a gen, wait for the announcer to say that force walls are online, then suicide or go to an ammo station and voila - it's near the Shock Lance.

I already knew that, but it does not work at all. Just the normal weapons, i even suicided, and went to ammo stations.