Lockups and DDR Fixed!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark_Wizard

Dec 22, 1999
New York
Visit site
I have been going crazy trying to resolve all my lockups, crashes and such with UT for the past 2 weeks and have finally found my answer (although it has been posted). I picked up an Asus mobo that supports higher voltages to my AGP slot (3.59 and 3.65 repectively) and I no longer have any issues. I played all day yesterday (about 12 hours) without a hitch, NO MORE lockups, crashes, Assertion Failed and disconnects! Although the mobo only supports UDMA/33 and AGP 2X and no Sidebanding support /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif it is still playable (average 40-56fps) in 1024x768x32 with full detail and 3D Surround sound. Hope this helps, btw the mobo is an Asus p3B-F (440BX) and my PIII 650 CuMine is o/c to 806mhz!!!! Memory bench marks with SiSoft Sandra 99 blows all the other refences out the door!!!! My final conclusion is to contact your mobo manufacturer to find a way to increase the 3.3v on the AGP bus to at least 3.59vif not then shell out the extra bucks for a new mobo.... Hope this helps.