TF2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Well, they each have a style of play that you might enjoy more than others. That tends to shift for me, though, so lately I've enjoyed scout more than pyro like I used to. I still love setting people on fire then axe'ing them but I desired some variety.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
I've been playing Pyro more than anything lately. My two favorite classes seem to be Pyro and Heavy, although I also play other classes at times. The ones I'll never do are Sniper, Spy, and Medic because I suck at all those.

Last edited:

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
All I play is pyro! Have messed with other classes and jump to medic if the team is hurting. But pyro is my main class

Have gotten really good with that class and learned how coordinate some massive damage attacks setting everyone on fire!

Once in a while I'll go sniper to take out a camper taking headshots at my team mates.

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I've been playing Pyro more than anything lately. My two favorite classes seem to be Pyro and Heavy, although I also play other classes at times. The ones I'll never do are Sniper, Spy, and Medic because I suck at all those.

I say this about spy and medic and engineer, but you'll never get better if you don't try. ;) Al says the same thing about the whole game "I'm not reinstalling it because I suck!" Well you're not going to learn if you don't play! :lol:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I think Pyro is the easiest class to play next to Heavy. Setting ambush with the class is rather easy. The guy comes with 175 HP BUFF-less which is sufficient (150 would be better TBFH). Thinking the Heavy is 300 HP this is damn good HP.

You just rush at your opponents and set them on fire, and just keep at it, try to ambush them. Do occasional spy checks. I wish they'd nerf the class a bit. At least just make it harder to master. Anyone good with the spy can literally own with the pyro.

Last edited:

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Annoying, yes.
Can be countered, yes.
worthy of a nerf, no.

Also, didn't Valve "fix" the whole award on idle thing? I just got a lvl61 dead ringer while spec'ing an arena server.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Too many pyro's just kamikaze in.
I have a habit of doing that it seems ... I'll just rush in and set fire to as many people as I can. I actually kill people that way, and the ones who die, well, I managed to stall them with a distraction. :p

Also, didn't Valve "fix" the whole award on idle thing? I just got a lvl61 dead ringer while spec'ing an arena server.
Not as far as I know.

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
I think Pyro is the easiest class to play next to Heavy. Setting ambush with the class is rather easy. The guy comes with 175 HP BUFF-less which is sufficient (150 would be better TBFH). Thinking the Heavy is 300 HP this is damn good HP.

You just rush at your opponents and set them on fire, and just keep at it, try to ambush them. Do occasional spy checks. I wish they'd nerf the class a bit. At least just make it harder to master. Anyone good with the spy can literally own with the pyro.

No, no, no, no and no. D:

Its adorable you guys are playing this game for the first time, but please, you really don't know what you're talking about. The Pyro needs 175 health. He dies easily to almost everything. A competent Soldier, Demo, Scout, or Heavy owns him any day. He has to rely on ambushing. It has a reputation of being a noob class but it's not overpowered at all. Advanced tactics exist as a Pyro too. Exhibit A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndZoP4yctqA

Demomen are the most powerful class in the game yet everyone bitches about Pyros. D:

As for the Heavy, he relies on situational awareness and intelligent gameplay more then anything. A good Heavy is someone that knows when to be spun up, when to be using the Shotgun, when to be holding point and when to be pushing forward. A good Heavy is someone who can also quickly prioritize targets. I main Heavy and have logged more hours on that class then any other class, my second being Soldier.

The Heavy is in a tough spot right now though. He get's trivialized by good Demomen, Soldiers, and Pyros. Luckily Valve is buffing him soon, I confirmed it with an email to project lead Robin Walker.

If you want to talk overpowered, The Sandman and FAN are absolutely overpowered. Give the most mobile class in the game a ranged stun and a gun with knockback? WTF?

Getting high level unlockables is a bug that Valve is going to patch out. They were supposed to patch it out awhile ago, but I guess it's low priority since it doesn't affect gameplay at all. It's basically a bug in a weapon unlock system that Valve may be implementing in the future, where you can find higher level basic weapons, for example a Level 10 Flamethrower might grant you 10% extra damage, and a Level 5 Shovel might give you 10% extra health. This is all hypothetical though. The bonuses will always be small and never game breaking.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
If you want to talk overpowered, The Sandman and FAN are absolutely overpowered. Give the most mobile class in the game a ranged stun and a gun with knockback? WTF?

I don't see how that's OP. Kinda like how you don't see how the Pyro is kinda OP. So it's just the way we see things. Personally, I've seen people deal more damage with the Scattergun than Force of nature. The only really good up about the FoN is the knock back effect indeed..

As for sandman it only works if you're far enough from your target and can be hard enough to pull out.

Last edited:

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
I don't see how that's OP. Kinda like how you don't see how the Pyro is kinda OP. So it's just the way we see things. Personally, I've seen people deal more damage with the Scattergun than Force of nature. The only really good up about the FoN is the knock back effect indeed..

As for sandman it only works if you're far enough from your target and can be hard enough to pull out.

Heavy is supposed to hard counter Scout. FAN makes Scout hard counter Heavy.

I think Valve might be giving him 100% knockback resistance though.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
The Scatter has a slight edge over the FaN in dps over time, but that's it.

The FaN gives scout knockback, spiking abilities (184-226dmg up close in less than a second) and triple-jump.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Heavy is supposed to hard counter Scout. FAN makes Scout hard counter Heavy.

I think Valve might be giving him 100% knockback resistance though.

And how does a Pyro W+M1/M2 at you really makes a difference? :p
I haven't tried the knock back with the pyro much yet so I can't really tell.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Just sharing my map in progress. Still have a lot of work to do but getting the hang of TF2 mapping.

The Red Base
[screenshot]http://mozidesign.com/Levels/working/update4.jpg[/screenshot]

Outside Spawn Room
[screenshot]http://mozidesign.com/Levels/working/update5.jpg[/screenshot]

Another shot Outside Spawn Room
[screenshot]http://mozidesign.com/Levels/working/update6.jpg[/screenshot]

Spawn Room
[screenshot]http://mozidesign.com/Levels/working/update7.jpg[/screenshot]

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Well I'm glad enough you didn't decide to go CP CTF. Played a map yesterday that was about capturing points then the enemy Intel. It was pathetic.

Since you're doing a CTF, can I recommend you make it easier for capture than say 2 Fort and Mach 4? :)