The right thing?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
then you're going to Hell.
Mormon Hell of course, but still Hell.

amazing huh Hermskii?
people can go to versions of Hell even if they don't believe in them.
On a side note, did you know that Mormons believe that almost nobody goes to an actual Hell?

The more you know.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Do not understand problem here. Please splain. Som allens form outerspace got in trouble with orbit patroil?

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
do you think any religion is not farcical man-made nonsense?

the arrogance is strong with this one....

old-ben-kenobi.jpg

I mean really.
what's the one thing that all religions have in common?

they all submit to the notion that some ordinary people - who lived centuries ago - somehow got access to all of the answers to the meaning of life, the universe, and everything. and that if you simply obey the arbitrary (and racist and bigoted) nonsense they wrote down in their books without question that you too can have access to this knowledge and be "saved" (from what?) in the "afterlife."

if that's not stupid I don't know what is.
also, Joseph Smith was a con artist who spent time in prison for being caught in more than one con. the Mormon "bible" is filled with proclamations of rituals which are painfully similar to the proclamations and rituals of Freemasonry... a social club which Smith and several members of his family belonged to.

it's stupidity on top of stupidity.
and you happily submit yourself (and your family, I assume) to it. I just feel sorry for people like you.

Last edited:

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.

old-ben-kenobi.jpg

I mean really.

they all submit to the notion that some ordinary people - who lived centuries ago - somehow got access to all of the answers to the meaning of life, the universe, and everything. and that if you simply obey the arbitrary (and racist and bigoted) nonsense they wrote down in their books without question that you too can have access to this knowledge and be "saved" (from what?) in the "afterlife."

also, Joseph Smith was a con artist who spent time in prison for being caught in more than one con. the Mormon "bible" is filled with proclamations of rituals which are painfully similar to the proclamations and rituals of Freemasonry... a social club which Smith and several members of his family belonged to.

and you happily submit yourself (and your family, I assume) to it. I just feel sorry for people like you.

+1

Sometimes, Jacks, you speak a lot of sense.
Plus points for the Star Wars reference.

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.

old-ben-kenobi.jpg

I mean really.

This isn't my opinion...but I know people who would read your post and say that is better than believing an explosion created shit...

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Well, it certainly helps when you prove you just don't have a clue what you're talking about. But I wasn't trying to turn this into a religious debate and have no real interest in having a religious debate, either. :deadhorse:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
its better than believing an explosion created shit...
yeah but it's not.

science doesn't have all the answers.
but it's not claiming to have all the answers.

it's an ongoing process.
religious people think that the process is over. they think they have all the answers. and the answer is "god did it."

just because science still has gaps in its explanations doesn't mean you automatically need to fill those gaps with "god did it."
that's absurd, arrogant, and downright stupid. and of course I'm not talking about you Dotnet, but people who might believe these things.

Well, it certainly helps when you prove you just don't have a clue what you're talking about.
yes... yes...
of course. I'm the clueless one.

certainly not the person who has been drinking the Kool Aid by the gallon for god knows how many years now. I'm sure you think Joseph Smith wasn't a con artist who didn't belong to the Freemasons. and why would your church lie to you about it's leader in order to protect its image? surely that never happens. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

if Mormons are telling the truth to anyone, it's surely their own followers.
tell me Brizz, have you seen the Golden Plates?

also there's this:

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN4M8PvpmW4[/m]

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
yes... yes...
of course. I'm the clueless one.
Well, when you shout it out so blatantly, is there anything else to say?
who didn't belong to the Freemasons.
Everyone I know knows that Joseph Smith was a free mason. It is openly discussed in my church.
if Mormons are telling the truth to anyone, it's surely their own followers.
tell me Brizz, have you seen the Golden Plates?
Why would I need to? Have you seen gravity or the center of the sun? You don't have to see everything.

And if my answers seem trivial and undeveloped it's because I'm not going to argue about this.

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
When I've argued with you in the past on the subject of religion I've not always been kind or charitable, but I have used arguments that I myself would find persuasive. You just tossed out some feeble nonsense about gravity, as though you could distract the plebs for a while with Sunday school efforts at reason that wouldn't stand up to your own intelligence for a second. It's quite insulting.