Onslaught UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
BC
i wanted to say i just love the turret,i use it in my custom mh map it works fine.
i cant watch the wheeled car video somehow.can you tell us a bit more which kind of vehicles will be in the new ons mod ?
i would have some ideas you know about interesting vehicles maybe ;)

Edit: hah.just been able to watch the vids on moddb.the bulldog jeep looks super.10/10.
also the tank..very nice.you are the fecking man BC.

Last edited:

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
Vehicles =

Rocket Turret
Manta
Raptor
Banshee
Scorpion
Goliath
Bulldog
Lambo
Hellbender
Cicada
Ghost
Another turret
Maybe Leviathan
Maybe Paladin

Weapons =
Avril or anti vehicle rocket launcher
Grenade Launcher

Gameplay =

Link teh nodes (not dominate all nodes but is now linking to powercore)

Hud =

Radar is out of way, see health of node or powercore when it is in view
Radar shows status of nodes (building,destroyed,unbuilt,attacked,locked)

Fun = This is teh real conversion now.

Wheeled vehicles move beautifully (Tank needs work).
Manta and raptor projectiles ill change to ut2004 ones
Avril and grenade launcher untouched perfect conversions

UT2004 Players what does this look like.

Attachments

• Torlan.jpg
    Torlan.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 33

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
Yes its Torlan, I am doing it myself, I been trying to do do Ons-articstronghold and severance, and maybe dria. Torlan I say is the most high polied map for ut at this moment with 8000 polies anything with more?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Well, you CAN put the Deemer and a Shield Belt on a floating high platform where you can get only with a Raptor, yet what stops you from making a tower that is a lot more realistic?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Well, if you made the platform a slightly bigger cube, then vertex edited it to fit, it would already look like a tower - and no poly count increase.
By the way, who cares about poly count these days? Is there a limit on the engine or something? Or is BSP such a suboptimal thing? Or because UT99 doesn't have fog that clips BSP?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
That way you'd lose a lot of players. Unreal is known for realistic landscape and architecture. The only unreal things are pickups, which are actually holos (like you can see in UC1).

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
imo it is not that important with the maps.no one took care to help out BC with quality maps anyway :(
i am just happy that we got neat vehicles to crush monsters and bots.it is awsome fun.i even dont like the ons gametype.would rather see it as a car race mod.

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
Ok I am going to put out a demo with ons torlan and all its correct vehicles along with paladin and leviathan since its just a demo.

Torlan is now done if I want to add more Ill post picture of it right now I am at college and ut loads slow on memory stick.

Here is what is in now.

Maps:
ONS-Dreamus
ONS-Torlan
ONS-BloodGulch
ONS-ExploCity
ONS-Thornsvcs
ONS-Sahara
ONS-Asteroid
ONS-MoonRun

Most of these maps are big except moonrun and thorns. Some such as explocity and asteroid have been bigger and had alot of changes such asteroids is now on big asteroid, and explocity extended farther.

Vehicles:

Leviathan
Goliath
Manta
Raptor
Paladin
Banshee
Scorpion
Ghost
HellBender
Lambo
Bulldog
Cicada

Weapons:
Avril
GrenadeLauncher

Vehicle Changes:

if not said before wheels now turn and move not like in first onslaught

Weapon can be added on to car any car such as tank head, scorpion gun.

Driver can be place in anywhere of vehicle you want him

supports up to four passengers and put where they can be located.

Jump and Duck button you don't have to tap anymore you can hold them down now (Best part for me) and can use them as weapon second fire and abilities.

Manta and Raptor speed are faster health is lower.

Leviathan is awesome.

Fire location added on

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
It'll get bigger, since I found a way to import ut2004 maps in a very easy way inluding maps full of staticmeshes or have terrain in them. I'll convert DM-Antalus then post it just to show how awesome I am well I already did with Torlan whos Picture I can't get because to put its music on the memory stick.

Here are some pictures of Paladin and Leviathan

Attachments

• lev.JPG
    lev.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 18
  • lev1.JPG
    lev1.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 17
  • paladin.JPG
    paladin.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 19

Evill_Bob

Cheese Hopping Rocket Spammer
Dec 19, 2005
In your computer, duh.
Well one of them major reasons I did not like UT is finally solved.

ONS-Dria may have helped in my decision that I need to try this out.

Last edited: