UE1 - UT Talking Titan in MonsterHunt?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
I know from previous experience, these demented ideas hit me in waves, that you can't put the Talking Titan into MH as a monster. The thing automatically respawns and generally will fight it's own kind over you. They're configurable, so there's likely a way around that, but you'd have to put in the effort.

So, I was thinking earlier it might be kind of cool to have one on my own team in MH. Picked a map for testing, gave it a skin that was vaguely befitting the red team, set it up so it literally was on the red team (bots playing with me didn't think it was enemy) and tried playing the map...

...and he just sat there and did nothing.
2886540_original.png

I tried ordering him, for all the good that did.
2886753_original.png

Exited out of the game and went back into UnrealEd and played around with his settings, then went back in and tried leading monsters to him.
2887061_original.png

He just stood there and ignored every attack on his big old person.

Finally, on another random impulse, I summoned a playerbot into the game...
2887323_original.png

...and he proceeded to chase it all over the place to kill it.

On the plus side, as it stands someone could probably use a Talking Titan as an element in TeamMonsterHunt.

My question for this insane notion: Is it totally impossible to configure this Talky-Titan to hunt the other monsters like any other bot/player?

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Monsters (i.e. non-players), players and bots are three very separate things. If that titan was programmed in a way that doesn't care about non-players, you won't be able to configure it the way you want. It likely needs to be modified at the source level to no longer ignore monsters.