Happy 12th anniversary UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
So apparently a couple of days ago this game called Unreal Tournament turned 12.

It's 12 years ago, peoplez. 12 since you lost yourself in a world of well... some of you nali pron in dm-peak.. disgusting cretins you be... and most of us in its unforgettable gameplay.

DAMN FLAKMONKEYS

So yeah, happy b-day to UT.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
I still consider April 15th as the true anniversary for UT... it's the day I got the March 1999 beta build 222 in my hands and fell in love with the game.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Good gosh! I say, is it really 12 years already?

Hm, I think I'll post a guide (that nobody will read) about making your own custom gamesets.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Why so goddamn cynical? I for one would read it just for the sake of finding out what's a gameset by your book -- and perhaps then follow that guide to make something. And I'm sure more would be interested as well. UT99 modding community ain't that all dead, Arnie.

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
eco-friendly-paint-stripper-paramose-enviromose-pro-1206-p.jpg

01-bell-bottoms-asos.jpg

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Why so goddamn cynical? I for one would read it just for the sake of finding out what's a gameset by your book -- and perhaps then follow that guide to make something. And I'm sure more would be interested as well. UT99 modding community ain't that all dead, Arnie.
Because last time I posted custom gamesets for UT2004, nobody cared. :(

Tooly

Jun 26, 2009
I still consider April 15th as the true anniversary for UT... it's the day I got the March 1999 beta build 222 in my hands and fell in love with the game.

Is that the beta that had CTF Eternal Cave and one or 2 other CTF maps using the Unreal 1 characters? I remember playing those maps all summer of '99 with my friends from the Unreality website. Some members of DD went to a North Carolina lan party at Epic and were "given" a beta to try out.

We set up a server and all the FYM, DD, ISV-K, BMF players were playing this all summer. Then a newer beta came out with characters were more like the ones they eventually used in UT.

April of '97 till now. Almost 15 years have passed since I started playing this game. Amazing how time flies by. I used to have hair when I started this game so long ago. WTF happened???

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Unreal Tournament is the main reason I got into the games industry.
I still have it installed and fire it up every couple of weeks - still an awesome botmatch experience imo.

Gambit84

Oct 17, 2004
Hands down, the best game I've ever played.
Its fun to pop in sometimes...
Still, other times......the nostalgia is so overwhelmingly maddening as its missing the community component that turned a great game into something more. Whenever I boot up the game, I recall something that happened years ago. I'll remember people I've come across online, bits and pieces of random pub or clan matches, etc.

It sucks that any PC I've tried it on in the last 4 years has some mouse delay issue. I can get acceleration to turn off, but not the delay. I guess I'll just have to build a classic rig setup.

Which reminds me of my TNT 2 . My first gaming card. lol. Best bang for the buck. I still have it lying around somewhere.

Gambit84

Oct 17, 2004
My earliest memory of playing UT was the demo as well.

I remember looking over my friends shoulder when he was playing the UT99 beta and being blown away. A week later we had a group project in which no work was getting done, as we would rotate on and off the project so we could play the game on his computer. I came up with the idea of ejecting the disk while it was saving our PPT presentation, so we could get more time to work on our project. LOL. Plan worked flawlessly, but that was only the first time UT interfered with school. haha