Do the posters of this subforum still play UT?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
then through IW
don't do it!

take it from someone who LOVED Deus Ex.
Invisible War is not even worth it. the story is ridiculous, unsatisfying, and far too simple. the characters are forgettable. believe it or not, the graphics even look worse thanks to some horrendous character models and texture work. they botched the user interface and itemization system as well. about the only thing they did right were NPC animations and slightly improved voice acting.

on the whole, the IW experience was thoroughly un-enjoyable.
maybe standing alone it would be good enough for the bargain bin. but it's supposed to follow DE, which makes it a stellar failure.

you'll probably do it anyway...
the only reason I got through it was out of morbid curiosity :p

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
I don't have a problem, I just don't like aiming with a dinky little mushroom thing.

At aiming with a bi-axial mushroom? Too right I ****ing suck.
That's why I prefer the aiming device that is my optical mouse.
*shing shing shing* HEAD SHOT!

Agreed, to me consoles are best for driving games and sports anymore...maybe the occasional arcadey, Mortal Kombat-style game, or Tekken, Dead or Alive, etc...but for FPS or third-person games? Naw, PC all the way.

First person to kill themselves by hitting their head, wins.

(yes, you CAN kill yourself by feigning death and hitting your head in UT3)

See NOW I have a reason to fire up that god-awful mess and try something interesting with the game made of clay*.

*Unreal-o-foamtm character models! Made from the same stuff as the environment, just with less personality!

I really tried to like UT3, but everything about it just screams "They were too busy working on Gears related crap." They really dropped the ball in so many ways, and they knew it, so they worked on the big patch,.. which was much appreciated, but too little too late to salvage the franchise. Then they went and blamed us for the poor sales.

Still have a big spot in my heart for the franchise, and UT3 would have been great if released in it's current form from day one, but alas...

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
Yup. Still playing UT. I've had long breaks when I've lost treasured computers and been reduced to email and surfing the net, but have remained locked into it as my favourite game.

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
don't do it!

take it from someone who LOVED Deus Ex.
Invisible War is not even worth it. the story is ridiculous, unsatisfying, and far too simple. the characters are forgettable. believe it or not, the graphics even look worse thanks to some horrendous character models and texture work. they botched the user interface and itemization system as well. about the only thing they did right were NPC animations and slightly improved voice acting.

on the whole, the IW experience was thoroughly un-enjoyable.
maybe standing alone it would be good enough for the bargain bin. but it's supposed to follow DE, which makes it a stellar failure.

you'll probably do it anyway...
the only reason I got through it was out of morbid curiosity :p

Yeah, I played it before. Still, though, I'm one of those people who watches ALL the star trek movies rather than just the good ones. If the new one has any part referencing IW, I want to catch it.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
I used to play DM on a Russian server, I believe it's time to do it again. Had enough of Titan, vehicles, orbs, skulls ...

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
I would kill you for that, if it wasn't for you being a fellow preacher of danish communism!

Indeed, there are so many capitalist pigdogs around here, we can't spare a Comrade.. that said, you may slap him, hard, and i am withholding his herring and Akvavit rations! :mad: