Unreal Tournament (GOTY) Keybindings

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SoftTouch

Apr 6, 2009
Hello all,

A few friends and myself have recently started playing Unreal Tournament (Game of the year edition). I'm trying to improve my key bindings and have seen this command "PipedSwitchWeapon" which looks like just what I need for putting multiple weapons on a single key (I used to do this in Quake 2 too). However, I can not get this working in the game. Does this work with the game of the year edition? If not, is there any other way to achieve it? (I remember the config being quite complex back in Q2 days).

Thanks
ST

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
PipedSwitchWeapon was only introduced in UT2004. The UT1 equivalent is something like this :

Numpad2 = switchweapon 5 | switchweapon 7

The number after switchweapon is the number of the weapon.

Here's a link that gives more explanations on binds and aliases :
http://cleaned.beyondunreal.com/UTFaq/ALIASES.HTM

SoftTouch

Apr 6, 2009
Thanks Azura!

I spent so long searching last night, but couldn't find that at all. Can't wait to try it out and get my config tweaked to my liking!

ST

SoftTouch

Apr 6, 2009
This works well:

MouseWheelUp=getweapon enforcer | getweapon doubleenforcer | getweapon SniperRifle | getweapon ShockRifle

MouseWheelDown=getweapon enforcer | getweapon doubleenforcer | getweapon ut_biorifle | getweapon ripper | getweapon UT_FlakCannon

MiddleMouse=getweapon enforcer | getweapon doubleenforcer | getweapon PulseGun | getweapon minigun2

e=getweapon Translocator | getweapon ImpactHammer

t=getweapon enforcer | getweapon doubleenforcer | getweapon UT_Eightball | getweapon WarheadLauncher

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Try switchweapon instead of getweapon. You'll find that getweapon binds stay stuck on a weapon (pulse, minigun...) when it's out of ammo. You can also experiment with onrelease:

setinstantrocket 0 | fire | onrelase setinstantrocket 1

Last edited:

SoftTouch

Apr 6, 2009
Ah right, and should switchweapon automatically go to the next weapon if I run out of ammo?

Sounds good.

Didn't think it worked for me when I tried it, but I'll look again if it's exactly the same except for the ammo thing.

And what does that instant rockets thing do? I've not really looked at that yet.

Damian

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
You can test getweapon by putting the minigun and pulsegun in the same bind. Fire all the ammo and see what happens. Switchweapon is a bit awkward but it doesn't have this problem.

The instant rockets bind toggles the instant fire setting of the rocket launcher. This means that the RL either loads rockets until you release them or fire a single rocket as soon as fire is pressed.

SoftTouch

Apr 6, 2009
Thanks for that Azura,

When you say that 'switchweapon is a bit awkward', what do you mean by that?

Thanks
Damian

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I say it's awkward because you have to figure out the weapon number and some weapons, sniper and redeemer for example, have the same number. There may also be a limit to the number of weapons you can "pipe" in a bind. It's what most TDM players use though.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
that set-up looks like a good set-up for an aimbotter. Any good player realizes that the enforcer is pretty much useless and would never add it as a primary weapon. I see you prefer it that way. Either youre a botter that wants to switch to the enforcer right away after youre killed or youre just very noob that havent realized that it is the weakest weapon of all, unless you have auto aiming. :rolleyes:

I remember seeing a set-up just like that in a cheat website that an aimbotter posted and is what yours reminded me of. See, a really good player will not try to make things too easy for him because he would want to learn every skill of the game as possible and weapon switching is the most difficult to learn. I only have a single weapon bind that makes any other weapon binding useless. I will not say which weapon it is and/or why I did that because it is very strong compared to any other set-up. I cant talk about it because it is one of my secrets of war and of course, my discoveries, I keep them to myself lol.

and btw, I can own anybody at UT with legal/illegal tweaks, aimbots, hacks, etc, using nothing but a 100% default ini and I have proven it to people in the past already rofl. See, I dont need a set-up to make things easier for me because it kills the purpose of the game. What I have seen in people that want tweaks to make things easier for them usually end up with aimbots and other hacks because they dont have the brains (retarded) to learn the game and never get to enjoy playing it like it should be played.

No offense on any of this but I hope you get my point.

xvlin

Feb 11, 2009
War_Master you sound like a very paranoid person. Anyways here are my keybinds, they might help you:

wasd = movement
Q = Translocator
E = Minigun
X = Suicide
F = Rocket Launcher
G = Feign Death
Z = Redeemer
1 = Piston
MouseWheelDown=SwitchWeapon 5|SwitchWeapon 4|
MouseWheelUp=SwitchWeapon 8|switchtobestweapon

So basically wheel up will switch to sniper first(Set it in weapon as highest priorty weapon) than if you press it again, it will get flak cannon. The good thing about switchtobestweapon is you don't need every weapon binded; for instance ripper and bio if that is your best weapon it will switch to either. You probably should bind bio though, well for a mod called siege that is.

So whatever key you want to have double or multiple weapons, just use this command SwitchWeapon #. The last weapon you put will be first, and that's how you can determine the order.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
War Master, you're missing the point that the weapon you get when you use the bind is not the first one, instead it's the last one, if it has ammo. So you get Enforcers only if you don't have ammo for anything else.

SoftTouch

Apr 6, 2009
Get off ya high horse War_Master, you just didn't understand.
Do you accuse everyone who beats you of being a bot too? :)

Skillz

ut-files.com
Nov 29, 2003
www.planetmonsterhunt.com
that set-up looks like a good set-up for an aimbotter. Any good player realizes that the enforcer is pretty much useless and would never add it as a primary weapon. I see you prefer it that way. Either youre a botter that wants to switch to the enforcer right away after youre killed or youre just very noob that havent realized that it is the weakest weapon of all, unless you have auto aiming. :rolleyes:

I remember seeing a set-up just like that in a cheat website that an aimbotter posted and is what yours reminded me of. See, a really good player will not try to make things too easy for him because he would want to learn every skill of the game as possible and weapon switching is the most difficult to learn. I only have a single weapon bind that makes any other weapon binding useless. I will not say which weapon it is and/or why I did that because it is very strong compared to any other set-up. I cant talk about it because it is one of my secrets of war and of course, my discoveries, I keep them to myself lol.

and btw, I can own anybody at UT with legal/illegal tweaks, aimbots, hacks, etc, using nothing but a 100% default ini and I have proven it to people in the past already rofl. See, I dont need a set-up to make things easier for me because it kills the purpose of the game. What I have seen in people that want tweaks to make things easier for them usually end up with aimbots and other hacks because they dont have the brains (retarded) to learn the game and never get to enjoy playing it like it should be played.

:lol:

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com

I hope this entire post is a huge joke D:

In response to SoftTouch, you really shouldn't use that few of keys for that many weapons. Use the keys around your movement keys for weapons instead of binding 3 or more to a single button. A very large amount of good players have each of their weapons bound to a single key.

For example are a few of my keys:
wasd= movement
e=shock
f=sniper
q=rockets
alt=flak
c=mini
v=pulse

Last edited:

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Lulz
UT99 Enforcer is rapid fire, dead-on accurate and capable of headshots. Akimbo it and it's one of the nastier weapons in the game
It can't do headshots, only Sniper and Ripper can. It CAN do the "Headshot death animation" though, but you don't get extra damage for braining your opponents with the enforcer.

Either that, or you don't get the "Head Shot!!" message upon killing them with one like you do with the Ripper and Sniper.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Lulz
UT99 Enforcer is rapid fire, dead-on accurate and capable of headshots. Akimbo it and it's one of the nastier weapons in the game

Are you sure ? I only managed to get a headshot with enforcer once and it was probably a bug. Afaik, only sniper and ripper can get headshots.