Remake of CTF-Maul?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Anyone see one for UT3? This was an awesome map and it'd be tons of fun for UT3 (with some modifications).

If not, someone seriously needs to do it. You know you want it.

evilmrfrank

Banned
Apr 22, 2005
Florida, US
www.evilmrfrank.com
Was maul the real small level that was kinda stormy with a big all through the center and 2 forts on each side or was it the really stormy level with the floating lightning spike balls? If it was the second one I mentioned than yes I saw somebody making that level, if it is the first one than no I haven't :p

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
:Poop: to any naysayers, I say!

Maul was one of those wonderfully spammy maps that was a great break from all of the serious maps. It was a favorite at FragBU and I always saw lots of people playing it in pubs.

The only thing that might need tweaking is the route going from base -> light post -> water tank.

evilmrfrank

Banned
Apr 22, 2005
Florida, US
www.evilmrfrank.com
Grassy knoll is one that could really use a remake. Would look awesome if done right with the new engine :) Plus I never liked Maul much. It was too crammed and tight. Throw that in with some translocaters and you have yourself an exciting\confusing map.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
:Poop: to any naysayers, I say!

I am with Hal, remakes are cool but the exception I have is that they should be done right.

Any remake should always support the classic feel or theme of it's predecessor but also bring something new to the level to make it stand out.

I have seen some bad remakes on the forums here and down at Epic Games forums. Don't feel like playing them. But like the recent addition of CTF-Face and DM-Morbias really bring back a nice element of nostalgic gaming from long ago but look different.

Last edited:

Tweakd

Multiplayer notepad ftw!
Feb 20, 2008
Scotland
I want CTF-Lucius back. In fact i might remake it myself if no-one else will. Usually i hate remakes but this is one i want to play.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
I'd like to see a remake of Maul as well. Hopefully it will translate better than the current GrendelKeep remakes have. :hmm:

Citadel was great fun, but I don't know if the movement of UT3 would work well with that map.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Pine would eat your face off in Maul.

lol thanks, but I don't think he meant me specifically. Neo and I have played before back in the day so he knows what's up.

Maul is a pretty good map imho in terms of balancing defense and offense. A good flag run on Maul with all your teammates helping out is some of the most exhilarating fun I've ever had playing UT.