help! mutate w/ custom exec functions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

fallenstarr

Sep 12, 2008
I'm trying to make a mutator that would allow admin's to enter custom commands in the console and have them executed through mutate. I have the following working now:

- Mutate checks for admin and allows execution of mutator functions
- Write to custom config file

Ok, i know that isn't much but i'm just starting :)

I have my mutator class MutMine and within that file I have the mutate function calls the custom function in the same class depending on the command string.

As a simple test for the execs to work without having to type mutate, i have a function called ShowName that just prints the sender's player name. Then the exec command is CallMyCommand which then calls Mutate with the command string ( in this case: ShowName ). The CallMyCommand exec is in MineInteraction which extends Interaction.

When I type "Mutate CallMyCommand ShowName". I get the proper result, my player name is printed on the screen.
When I try just using "CallMyCommand ShowName" without mutate, nothing happens and I get the dreaded "Unrecognized Command" message.

I'm adding my own interaction for the exec commands (AddInteraction), I tried extending PlayerController, and using my own CheatManager. I just can't get the exec commands to work.

I thought this might have to do with replication, and I've tried a few things that I found in forums/tutorials with no luck :(

I've used AddMutator and I'm using PreBeginPlay and Tick

Can anyone help me out here? Any info or pointing in the right direction would be appreciated

Last edited: