Unreal and A3D?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ATMArage

Dec 5, 1999
Visit site
Ever since I got my MX300 sound card, I've been wondering something. Unreal is supposed to take advantage of A3d 2.0 correct? and yet, when I enable 3D hardware in the advanced sound options it sounds no different than when I didn't have the card. Is Unreal supposed to sound any different like with UT or does it not take advantage of effects like that?
BTW, I have the 225 patch and all the newest A3D drivers and sound card drivers installed.

Zepher

Dec 5, 1999
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
In the release notes it mentions that A3D is not supported in the latest release but that they are working on it(yeah right, that would explain why there hasn't been a new patch since may). On my SB Live it sounds quite nice, haven't tried it on a vortex card though. If there are drivers for it that have EAX support try downloading them.