Rooster's farewell address... (kinda)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I've been gone a week and come back looking through the old threads I missed while vacationing and the inevitable has happened. I know everyone has missed you around here, Roo. You're quite the helpful fellow.

Because you're semi-leaving doesn't mean we don't expect the occasional "hi" or "search the forums" from you!

I remember when you came to the forum. I could tell that you were someone who was going to learn and do everything that UT entailed. ...and quickly! You did.

Alas, RealLife has kicked in, as it does to us all (I in particular know your dilemna) and the best decision has been made. Congrats on that, bro. If you're half as good with your family as you are at everything else I've seen you do (as I suspect you are), I know that everything will work itself out (as it seems to be).

You're a stand-up, respectable guy and this forum is a good deal diminished without someone like you around.

g/l...pay us a visit.

StrangeFish

Feb 22, 2000
Manchester, CT, 06040
Visit site
I haven't stopped by for a while (a long while). Rooster was one of the best, if not the best, people I ever played with. He's been a fixture on this forum for a very long time, and has been great a source of information for a vast number of people. Us Pufs can live without out you, but your kids need you. Kudo's for doing the right thing, and best of luck.

P.S. The reason I haven't been around is that I moved to remote location, and my ping is terrible. However, it seems that DSL is coming I'll be back to getting fragged real soon :)

soyrico

Apr 2, 2000
Visit site
Hey Rooster,

This thread reads like a transcript at a testimonial dinner. :)

We really don't know each other, but I've always thought you were ok. And now that you have readjusted your priorities, I think you are even better. Nice. Life first.

And people, honestly (this has been said), if you think he was good for you, just imagine how good he will be for his family and personal friends now. :)

Talk to you later Rooster.

Thanks

Jim
bodkins@prologic.com

Status
Not open for further replies.