UnrealEd XMP Specific Info

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

bendman

budding Dev wannabe
May 16, 2004
US de A
I don't know. If there is a heightmap in the texture files for it, you can use that for the map, but putting in all the static meshes would be a huge pain anyway.

Lysander

«§²»Shadow2.0
Mar 26, 2004
Light Effects

I have followed all the necesary intructions i could find to set up a light effect, which seem to be simply choose it in the Lighting menu. The effect will begin whilst im in editor but when i build lighting or anything like that it stops flickering, and doesnt show in game either.

Am i missing somat or do Light effects not actually work?

Lysander

«§²»Shadow2.0
Mar 26, 2004
Thanks for that Fireball

Anyonw got any info on editing Vehicles in XMP?

I mean like speed and toughness

I can edit the sprint settings and make it slightly tougher but i wondered if anyone had a link to all the properties being explained or if some1 understood most of em

Lysander

«§²»Shadow2.0
Mar 26, 2004
cheers NRK that helped alot, altho he mentions HealthThreshold which i cant find in the properties.

I got quite far by messin with them for a few days but this will help

Last edited by a moderator:

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
after being asked a few times how to make a torret for u2xmp maps, i decided to make a pdf tutorial... just get the attached file.

Attachments

• torrettutorial.pdf
    167.9 KB · Views: 56

Lysander

«§²»Shadow2.0
Mar 26, 2004
Any1 know if and how i can add music to a map i make, basically i wanna an mp3 to my map so that it plays whilst the map is running.

Perhaps it could be set to the ambient sound of a trigger that can b activated to play the song, if so how to i get an mp3 to b used as a sound, infact how do i get anything other then the standard xmp sounds into my maps?

If i cant have the music in map is it poss to have it set on the server, i know RaptorDobie made the XMP MUSIC server mutator but is there a way to change what song it plays on my map to an mp3?

cheers

[[Vash]]

.:Player:.
Feb 16, 2004
Florida
www.nobullclan.org
No Label

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2090 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9600 SERIES (6451)

General protection fault!

History: WBrowserStaticMesh::UpdateMenu <- WBrowserStaticMesh::OnSize <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WBrowserStaticMesh::OnCreate <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- PerformCreateWindowEx <- WBrowser::OpenWindow <- WBrowserStaticMesh::OpenWindow <- WM_BROWSER_UNDOCK <- WEditorFrame::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc

Build: Jan 19 2004 14:02:30
Log file:\\MegaMonkey\Vol1\Projects\U2XMP\Logs\DM01_Donald_20040728190339.log

^^anyone that could help on that one i'd appreciate it. n00b learning mapper here.

Oakwind

May 18, 2004
[12m]Dust said:
Any1 know if and how i can add music to a map i make, basically i wanna an mp3 to my map so that it plays whilst the map is running.

It's true that u2 doesn't support mp3's, it uses ogg vorbis, a similar but open source format. There is a few format converters one of which is ogglame here :http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/OggVorbisEncoder/

Just add it to your level, or you could take an existing sound file and overwrite it.

=======================================================
WARNING: I guess I should warn you the resulting file screws with my video sometimes, maybe u2 wants a certain bitrate I don’t know.I may have had to exit xmp or reinstall I don't remember.

Lysander

«§²»Shadow2.0
Mar 26, 2004
Oakwind said:
It's true that u2 doesn't support mp3's, it uses ogg vorbis, a similar but open source format. There is a few format converters one of which is ogglame here :http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/OggVorbisEncoder/

Just add it to your level, or you could take an existing sound file and overwrite it.

Thanks Oak but i cant see how to bring an .ogg format into UnrealEd. Through music it will only open .UMX packages and only import .mod .s3m .it and a few others but not .ogg

Through Soundeffects it will only immport .WAV, and this wont work for me , im assuming tho that it is like importing a texture - it will onlu work if the file matches the exact specifics, specicifcs which you are not told :)

Well it would really help me out if some1 could get me past this stage

NRK

Nercury
Apr 20, 2004
Lithuania
[12m]Dust said:
Thanks Oak but i cant see how to bring an .ogg format into UnrealEd. Through music it will only open .UMX packages and only import .mod .s3m .it and a few others but not .ogg
You have to find the way to play music track in your map, like XMPMusic mutator does. You may need to do some scripting here, which may involve updating ini files manually and rebuilding md5 packages. And distribute your ogg file with your map.

NRK

Nercury
Apr 20, 2004
Lithuania
There is a way without scripting. Add MusicTrigger to your level, set it "Song" property to "Drakk Attack", Add Trigger actor near it, set it's event to "MusicTrigger" (because Default MusicTrigger's tag is "MusicTrigger"), set it's CollisionHeight and CollisionRadius to 4000, Set TriggerOnceOnly to True, InitialState to OtherTriggerTurnsOn. There is quick summary:
Code:
MusicTrigger
    MusicTrigger
        Song=Drakk Attack (your song's name)
    Events
        Tag=MusicTrigger

Trigger
    Collision
        CollisionHeight=4000
        CollisionRadius=4000 (distance from which Trigger is activated)
    Events
        Event=MusicTrigger
    Object
        InitialState=OtherTriggerTurnsOn
    Trigger
        bInitiallyActive=True
        bTriggerOnceOnly=True

Last edited:

Lysander

«§²»Shadow2.0
Mar 26, 2004
I get this error on my map all the time now

WHen in UnrealEd the map playtests fine etc but when i host it as an XMP map and join the server it doesnt allow me to select a class, there is no class highlighted uner F3 and then when the spawn time is up i get what can be seen in the attached Screenie. Two black marks on screen and the game freezes.

I had this once before on a map and it was because i had not put a zoneinfo into the area, this time i have so now i have no idea what can be causing it.

Can anyone help?

Attachments

• Shot00871.jpg
    Shot00871.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 78

~DW~Cap'nCK

Aug 8, 2004
Hi all!

I've Got a Problem:
I've Mad a easy Cube and 2 deploys and if i deploy i fell Death??

Can Someone help me??