[UT2004] The return of the Sniper Rifle

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Should Epic have bought the Sniper Rifle back to UT2004?

• Yes

Votes: 39 52.7%
  • No

Votes: 28 37.8%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 7 9.5%

• Total voters

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Prophetus said:
...But still, I hate that weapon because, from my experience, people who snipe well aren't good with any other weapon. It often leads me to believe that there is more going on than pure aiming skill.

The other thing going on is the fact that, that style of camp/sniping has little place in this fast paced, "in your face" game. It's too possible to be good at it, and not anything else (even botless) because it is such a different beast then anything you would do in the field so to speak.

As far as the combo countering thing. I was a Loc DM player. I primarily used the TL, Shock, and Pulse, because they loaded quick. So, pulling shock, when I see somone with shock was second nature. Combo avoidance wasn't too bad back then either with that alt ball sound. Everytime I heard it, I just dodged. It worked best blind, because if you weren't looking at the attacker, he didn't think you were going to dodge, or know which way, and could place it accordingly. A well done dodge in that situation could avoid all damage.

From the sounds of the new SR though, I think they almost nerfed it so much that it was silly for them to include it. Not that I want another traceless SR, but I will prolly avoid those servers if it is a muty.