Unreal 2??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jenkins

America's Greatest Kitten Mitten
Apr 24, 2000
Irving, Tx, USA
jljenkins.cjb.net
I was wondering if anyone thinks Unreal 2 is going to be better or worse than Unreal? Does the fact that Legend Entertainment is making it throw anyone off? I haven't had the money to buy Return to Na Pali, but would've if I could. I don't know, I guess I would rather have Cliff, Mark & the others making the sequel. Another thing, is Unreal 2 going to be out before or after Duke Nukem Forever? Just wondering guys. Duke is going to be the sh*t when it's released. Well, that's it for now. PeAcE

-------

Jenkins

Githianki

Nov 11, 1999
Visit site
I would guess Unreal 2 is going to come far after DNF.
As for Legend I wouldn't worry as they can make a great sequel now that they can focus all their attention on it. Na Pali was good but the whole thing was pieced together with levels that Epic created for Unreal but were too big for the original. The patchwork nature showed and hurt the story. Also they were busy with WOT.

With Unreal 2, there will be engine improvements as well as tons more scripting and stuff, than Na Pali could ever have. I would guess that as a full sequel (not just a mission pack) it would be bound to be better than Unreal. There are just too many ideas floating around and way to much expectations from consumers to make it any less.

Cammy

Nymphomaniac
Nov 24, 1999
Singapore
Visit site
Wonder how U2's engine will be like, too -- whether it will be a further improved version of the original Unreal engine or a new engine altogether. In any case, U2 had better come with a super-improved editor too!

bullet2.gif

Shake it, baby!

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
I have been checking Unreal Universe, which is the only site which refers to Unreal 2.

Legend have released no information, they are too busy with Wheel of Time, but it is either going to be a much improved Unreal engine or a completely new one. I have heard that the story will follow on from the mission pack.

But hey it's Unreal and it's bound to be better than Na Pali, which was already pretty good.

bullet2.gif

Hellscrag, Unreal single player nut :)
Check my website http://surf.to/scragsite

Jenkins

America's Greatest Kitten Mitten
Apr 24, 2000
Irving, Tx, USA
jljenkins.cjb.net
Well, from what I've been reading they are going to create a whole new engine right? Or is that going to be for another game? Hmmm, oh well, let's just wait and see what U2 is going to look like.

-------

Jenkins

[This message has been edited by Jenkins (edited 11-13-1999).]

S

Stallion

As far as I've heard, Unreal2 will be using a modified version of the original Unreal engine, just as UT has. Its being developed by Legend, and Epic's next-gen engine will be for a completely differnt game which the public has no info whatsoever about.

bullet2.gif

Chris «Stallion» Lambert
clambert@gamespy.com
ModCentral/PlanetUnreal

LoQi

Nov 28, 1999
Sylmar, CA, USA
Visit site
I talked with one of the programmers for Unreal 2 and he agreed that it would probably be half as long as Unreal and twice as many scripted sequences. As for the engine, he said it will be tweaked like crazy. Things like curved surfaces (had a long discussion about what "real" curved surfaces are lol), um better terrain engine so we can have HUMONGOUS outdoor levels and other little stuff..

LoQi

Nov 28, 1999
Sylmar, CA, USA
Visit site
Oh ya, proposed release date is sometime in 2001. By then we'll have really nice computers (or at least by todays standards) so they can really push it to the limits /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Guess we'll be hearing some new info before too long since WOT is done. It will be interesting to see how everyone reacts to it after playing UT. That's QUITE a hurdle for the Legend guys.
I'm curious too, to see how people embrace what is probably going to be a single player oriented game. What kind of emphasis is Legend going to place on online play if this whole "internet thing" takes off! Lol