Newbies and Oldbies

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

When is someone a "Oldbie"?

• 2-3 months

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • 6 months

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 1 year

Votes: 25 21.7%
  • They know the difference between a "sweet" pickle and a "Buddy" pickle, and they don't use the terms

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • They can get 200 points in EP using a M9

Votes: 12 10.4%

• Total voters

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Originally posted by Mad_Dog
it's all about the attitude...

I agree..
A soon as you understand the goal of Infiltration and his spirit.
Sice that you will never ask plasma rocket launcher with a crosshair anymore. Even bad mounted aimpoint make you angry !
clin.gif

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I always thought of Buddy Pickle as "Sweet Buddy Pickle" :p

I'd also like to point out that there is a distinct difference between "Newbies" and "n00bs"

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
Originally posted by Kuroshio Apocal
Dakin is human? I always thought he was a lagless, pingless, twice over God-like bot, who existed solely to show those who think they are good that there is always someone better than you.

I never said he wasn't.:D

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
Its attitude, i dpnt give a damn how low or high peoples post counts are, after all, i have seen n00bs on this board with 1000+ counts, and people who i define as vets with sub 100, and viseversa.

When people start to know what the game, and more importantly this community is about, they leave the newbie stage.

But still, for me, there are only a handfull of people i define as vets, most of witch was here back with the 2.75 days, and even before that, the rest are just oldies :D

Wikkan

Dickhead Fulfilled!
Feb 15, 2001
But you are an Infitration god when you can kill Dakin in fair combat, if such a thing exists.

(*Wikkan shines trophy of Dakin's nuts shot off by his M9.)

But in all fairness, I suck at Infiltration right now and am working my ass off to get better at it. I left teamplay for CS, and am paying dearly for it. God damn CS. God damn it eternally.

*Picks up PSG-1 and M9, after sharpening his Ka-bar, setting out for a server online.*

*Oh yeah, I have a tendancy to throw $10,000 rifles at the heads of my adversaries.*

ElectricSheep

Tommy Vegas
May 11, 2000
Newark, DE
I kinda miss my old ping from the 2.x days. I also find myself missing the old style spawn-then-grab-your-weapon-from-the-armory gamepley which was the standoff mode at the time. Yeah, it could suck when you got n00bs or jackopfhs that didn't know how the hell to share, but it could otherwise be a lot of fun. I also kinda <em>liked</em> spawning in the enemy start, simply because I was a suicidal bastard who always kept a hand grenade ready....I still am given the right circumstances. Hehe...you could always count on me to clear out that sniper room in DM-Prison...

Ah yes, I really would like to see the old 2.x maps ported to 2.8x. Prison, Kaini-SO, Streetfighter, HouseAssault, Les3Vallees, Ghetto, and maybe even POWcamp. Heh. I had a <em>classic</em> moment on POWcamp with the Robar and a searchlight. Poor bastard was running around all over the place not knowing where the hell this light was coming from with .50 BMG rounds kicking up dirt around his heels.

Yeah, those were some pretty fun days, when there were only two servers and everyone already knew who you were when you joined.

DENSRAW

Grammaton Cleric
Dec 21, 2000
I play INF a lot online, but I've never encountered Dakin. Is he really that good?

Cuchullain

May 21, 2000
cucullen.50megs.com
A newbie is someone that gives a damn how long a person has played...or whines about camping...or whines about proning...or whines about the general game play. Once you can enjoy the game for what it is, respect the other players and just have fun...then you've become a Vet

One more thing....A n00B is anyone that bitches about Infiltration and the bugs that currently exist. Infiltration is made by a great bunch of people in there spare time...when was the last time you did anything that thousands of people could enjoy on a daily basis...for free!?

:) OK, rant over! Flame on!

Blackwing

Discworld Deacon
Apr 28, 2001
Visit site
ya, just look at my posting total, and then realise I joined this forum in May. (but the first time I installed Inf my computer sucked and I couldn't get it installed properly, now I have a brand spanking new PIV with a TNT2 and 200 something mb ram (don't ask me what the hell that's supposed to mean,b tu according to my dad I'm some kind of gamer-god with this puppy.) So time indeed doesn't matter.

Meat Sac

May 30, 2001
PDX
Visit site
hahaha

Dakin is the master with the M9. He is in our clan {MUF}. Dakin compliments our lineup nicely. Dakin is a strong player but isn't considered the best in our clan. Who is? You'll just have to find out for yourselves. Stop by the MUF servers to see just what good online comp is guys. You'll have lot's of fun.

Last edited: