A thread for spending currency only for greatly discounted electronic transactions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
Global Agenda 75% off, should be cheap enough for those who are curious to check it out.

Still no monthly fees, buy the game and you have infinite access to everything.

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I know I've plugged this game before, but this is the cheapest it's ever been.

King Arthur is on Steam for $3, and the Saxons expansion is $1.50, which includes the two other DLCs (which are still $2 each...wat?). Anyway, the whole thing is just $12, and considering $10 of that is the Druids expansion (which just came out today so its not on sale), that's pretty good. I'm not big on strategy games, but I've been having fun with this one.

Linky.

*EDIT: If anyone picks it up and wants to try the multiplayer, hit me up. I haven't tried it yet.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
Cmon folks step right up and buy the whole train set on steam. Only $199.99, you save over $800 bucks. Buy it while it is hot.:lol:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Looks like Steam is gearing up for another sale week.

So... is $7.50 to upgrade Arkham Asylum to the GOTY edition worth it? I picked up the original version off a holiday sale two years ago, but I haven't played through it yet. I thought I heard the GOTY edition has anti-aliasing for ATi cards (which I have) and that wasn't patched into the original.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The GOTY has a patch, all the challenge maps from the DLC, and the 3D VISION support. I haven't bought it yet either since I also have the normal version. Seems retarded to not have an upgrade path when stuff like that happens.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
The GOTY has a patch, all the challenge maps from the DLC, and the 3D VISION support. I haven't bought it yet either since I also have the normal version. Seems retarded to not have an upgrade path when stuff like that happens.

Did it patch anything other than allowing ATi cards in-game anti-aliasing controls? I was reading there's a fan patch for that already that predated the GOTY version. Otherwise, I don't care about 3D Vision and I could always buy the DLC if it interests me (I think it's cheaper to do so but I don't know the MS funny money conversion rate).

EDIT: I finally bit and bought it. Steam forums were saying the DLC packs were $3 each, so I figured an extra dollar and change for peace of mind not having to deal with fan patches is ok. At this point I doubt they're going to provide an upgrade path and even if they did the same $5 upgrade as with ACII, this isn't that much different.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Kane and Lynch sucks unless you like indulgent, over the top third person shooters with really bad controls and so-so characters. I certainly don't.