Stuff you just bought thread V2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
In all honesty never really finished it.
ah.
well as you know the game is great overall.

but honestly the ending itself (each of the 4 endings, for that mater) is extremely disappointing. they're each basically the same thing but with a slightly different narration. they're also just not that interesting. in fact they're boring.
the ending was actually the worst part of the whole game because the rest of it was so good.

if you've got all the DLC you'll still have a blast.

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
All righty guys...you know that Toshiba 32" 3D TV I linked to earlier? Well, just made it official tonight. Gonna be using this as both my PC and PS3 monitor.

Last edited:

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
Mleh, screw the Sceptre 32" that I linked, fwiw, this television would probably be about on par with the PS3 monitor in terms of quality and features:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/755023-REG/Toshiba_32TL515U_32TL515U_32_1080p_3D.html

Far better brand, too...ooh, and local dimming LEDs, certainly far better than edge-lit.

Maybe so, but I only paid $299 for the Sony and I'm not looking for 32 inches. 24 is just fine.

I also picked up Deus Ex w/ all the trimmings on Steam. Have it on PS3, but now that i have a decent monitor, $13 for Deus Ex is a no-brainer.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I also picked up Deus Ex w/ all the trimmings on Steam. Have it on PS3, but now that i have a decent monitor, $13 for Deus Ex is a no-brainer.

Eh, that's weird, the GOTY edition is 9.99 on Steam and gog.com, and how did you get it on PS3? I'm pretty sure it was only released on PS2.

Iron Archer

Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
update; with the Sony 3D display, they upped the package to include MLB The Show 2012 and an extra pair of glasses, so I was able to pick those additional freebies up at Best Buy a week or so ago.

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
Well, I would have went with the Sony display if it weren't for all the bad customer reviews for it. Although I am enjoying my Toshiba 32" 3D LED, tho. I think it is nVidia 3D Play compatible (not 3D Vision, which is for monitors). However, I just feel that I win either way.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
LA Noire on steam.

Favorite game at the moment.

Quite a fun game, although it can become repetitive, but I guess detective is like that. It is one of the few games that genuinely dug under my skin at one point of it. You will know the point of the story when you get there. You actually will feel the emotions of what the character is going through.

(My full mini-review in the game rating thread here. But be warned, a spoiler is there and don't reveal it if you don't want your experience to be ruined.)

Iron Archer

Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
Well, I would have went with the Sony display if it weren't for all the bad customer reviews for it. Although I am enjoying my Toshiba 32" 3D LED, tho. I think it is nVidia 3D Play compatible (not 3D Vision, which is for monitors). However, I just feel that I win either way.

Yeah I noticed that as well, the bad reviews. As a tech support guy though I have to constantly remind myself that negative reviews can sometimes not be indicative of quality considering people with bad experiences are usually more apt to report their experiences.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Never got my hands on the original...

Classixx-29-FLA-Plasticity__44845_std.jpg