Have you merged?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
oooOOOHHH !

I just died in your arms tonight.
Must of been somethin you said.

vercetti.jpg

haslo

Moar Pie!
Jan 21, 2008
Bern CH
www.haslo.ch
I die regularly. Usually, I ragdoll around a bit then, but sometimes I explode into giblets.

In other games, death has no penalty at all, and in some the screen just goes black if it happens. A few games like Prey are particularly interesting, when I died in that one I got into a spirit cave world and got to shoot silly ghosts to refill my karma or something.

In some games, I heed no big attention to death, but some have quite a severe death penalty or only few lives, there I take more care to avoid it.

The one game we call RL has such a severe death penalty that a single death in that one prevents you from ever playing any game again, and we're forced to play it. So I give my best to avoid death in that one; so far I was successful.

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
Rather than edit my first post I'll write it here:

I've died twice, both as a result of a drug overdose, and been in two comas... well one coma, the other one I only suspect to be a coma as it only lasted about 2 hours.
Anyway, both times were fairly weird as I went from feeling the worst I've ever felt in my life, with the world fading away to darkness, to the best I've ever felt in my life. I got the mandatory tunnel of light, but no voices (which is a vicarious experience for a schizophrenic as I'm sure you can imagine), and then I became aware of a lack of something, like when you know you've forgotten something but you dont know what, and slowly everything faded away; the happy feeling, the warmth, my thoughts, they all went away and then there was darkness for an indeterminate amount of time.

When I woke up it was the most painful experince of my life, ever; my whole body was in pain, it was like I could feel every single nerve in my body. My eyes hurt, even in a darkened room, and for some odd reason I could sort-of feel my lungs...

Quite frankly comas are more fun.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
pics or it didn't happen.

serious: I've heard some comas are like extended dreams. Sometimes you're totally out cold and sometimes people describe long, realistic dreams that they didn't know were dreams until they awoke. Others say they were completely aware of everything happening around them as they lay in their hospital bed but were unable to react.

You get any of that?

Last edited:

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
The short one I got nothing, it went black and then it was 2 hours later and I was lying in a cold puddle in my front room.
The big one (about 2 weeks) screwed me up for months afterwards; it was a sort of mix of Feudal Japan, Pagan Europe, and Star Wars. When I woke up I just couldn't handle "real life" and wanted to "go home".
Sometimes I still miss it.

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
damn, i was planning on giving this to bobthebeheader but fokker you've officially won the worst thread of the week :'(

what the hell man, srsly :| what the hell