Does Bulletstorm PC Use GFWL?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Or, you know, they could code it into the application themselves, they could use Impulse Reactor's no-middleware approach or you could just use XFire.
Takes time and money and millions of people use and enjoy Steam on a daily basis. Impulse Reactor IS middleware, it's just Gamespy-like (and doesn't work). Xfire would be pointless to integrate. You get no benefit out of it. If they were going to make their own solution, okay... but nothing makes organizing, inviting, joining other people's games easier than Steamworks does. It is simply ignoring reality to think otherwise.

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
There probably won't be GFWL...

No decent company would GFWL. And did EPIC ever let us dow...

...nevermind.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Off line has been garbage.
Look at my sig.
The last time I was on steam was to make sure online worked, because after almost 1Gb of downloading data (I had the retail discs) Off line still did not work.
The last real time I was on Steam for multi gamming was 2005 (Half Life 2).
Steam never improves so good thing you haven't checked for almost a whole year.

I've been able to play almost all of my games offline on Steam.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
So if this indeed is a false rumor and the game comes to Steam and retail w/o any signs of GWFL how many of you will actually give up panicking and get the game? Just curious.

Or will you still hold a grudge against a potentially fun game from this screen shot?

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Xfire would be pointless to integrate. You get no benefit out of it.
Not integrate, just for the users to use.

So if this indeed is a false rumor and the game comes to Steam and retail w/o any signs of GWFL how many of you will actually give up panicking and get the game? Just curious.

Or will you still hold a grudge against a potentially fun game from this screen shot?
I never had any interest to begin with. The whole "killing is fun +15" idea kinda puts me off.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
cryingbaby.jpg

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Or, you know, they could code it into the application themselves, they could use Impulse Reactor's no-middleware approach or you could just use XFire.

Except for the part where Impulse Reactor is middleware, just like Steamworks. It's clearly stated right in the documentation.

Xfire is a hack at best and that's up to the XFire team to implement. Besides, if Gears of War doesn't have one-click join capabilities via XFire I don't see how on earth they'd be able to do the same with Bulletstorm which also doesn't use dedicated servers by the sound of it.

I would consider GFWL a step up from Gamespy. But it is not nearly as satisfying as Steam in my book. It's very disappointing to see this rumor since there was a big fuss made about Epic offering complementary Steamworks integration with all UDK/Engine licenses a while back.

Possibly. I've been on the fence about this game since a few trailers ago. This kind of tips me onto the "no thanks" side, but I'm willing to buy it if it does show up on Steam (even with GFWL) and the reviews are favorable. It's certainly never been on my Day 1 purchase list (although February is a lot less cramped now that Portal 2 and Deus Ex are delayed) though.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
That's cool, but having played this game, I highly recommend giving it a chance if a demo shows up.

I felt the same way until I actually had the chance to start kicking people into cacti...;)

I still want the day to come. I want to kick stuff dammit.

q_mi_4_3

Target pratice for others....
Jan 14, 2002
Somewhere in this world
They havve been right on things they've asked other Devs before. I don't see why they would make up this stuff, and there's no reason why Epic would lie to them either.

I have a feeling this will end up being a console port. It might have some PC support (graphics option, kb/m control), but I'm not sure if things like DD Server will be in since GfWL is just the lazy option of getting a game on PC. Wonder how the mod support for this will be.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Sigh :\
Then I wanted to buy it on X360. Terrible when promising games get ruined by crap like this.