UNREAL 2 in Doom (sort of)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Hmm... A little similar, maybe. There are way too many monsters in there. Those buttons for opening doors are very similar, and curved stairs are also similar. Though too many secrets. AFAIK there are absolutely none on Sanctuary (except for the Item button which I have no idea what it does).

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
There are some little secrets on sanctuary, like between maps under that bridge are grenades, also in demo, plus in demo there are more grenade types...
What item button do you mean?
Anyway Doom cannot have floor over floor so I decided for that secret in there (unless done on some sourceport, but I made the map under vanilla doom through wadauthor), originally there is some ammo under the stairs, well it is not supposed to be exact remake or something.

And yeah I know that about the monsters, but this is doom afterall. ;)

Also the exit in the secret area behind start is temporary one, exit is not supposed to be there, I had it there earlier so that you can exit the level, when I made only first two rooms. It is gonna stay there until I create a real exit I think.

Last edited:

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Intriguing :)

Well if you can "remake" the whole game in Doom, it might be interesting for the Doom community.

Any XMP-inspired Doom DM maps? hehehe

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I didn't know about that one, sadly the demo version ends during the first skaarj encounter and I don't have full Unreal2 insatlled here, only demo and XMP.

Did you try looking at the editor what is its purpose perhaps?

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Maybe it doesn't need trigger at all..who knows

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I looked at it now, I found that button once before and wondered what it does as well, I guess it was some forgotten leftover or it really does something secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.