Left 4 Dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
There can only be one smoker and two hunters at any given time (sometimes it'll glitch and you'll get 3 hunters, but it's not intentional), so it's not possible to lock down all 4 right off the bat.

The witch isn't controlled by players since that's how she works. She's passive until someone disturbs her. It would make for a kinda boring class to sit and wait while hoping someone shines the flashlight at you or whatever.

cooloola

A good samaritan
Dec 31, 2005
There can only be one smoker and two hunters at any given time (sometimes it'll glitch and you'll get 3 hunters, but it's not intentional), so it's not possible to lock down all 4 right off the bat.

The witch isn't controlled by players since that's how she works. She's passive until someone disturbs her. It would make for a kinda boring class to sit and wait while hoping someone shines the flashlight at you or whatever.
Yeah but the boomer can be extremely helpful in finishing off the group if he manages to get two survivors. Versus is just pure win.

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
Yeah but the boomer can be extremely helpful in finishing off the group if he manages to get two survivors. Versus is just pure win.

The Boomer's horde-attraction is more about providing a critical distraction (both in terms of the screen-obscuring effect of the bile itself, and the vast wave of zombies it summons) than causing much damage. On default Versus difficulty I believe a basic zombie only inflicts 1 damage per hit, so it's more important that the Hunters and Smokers are given the chance to draw someone off and rape them while everyone else is oblivious, or attack for a few uninterrupted seconds to whittle health away.

cooloola

A good samaritan
Dec 31, 2005
The Boomer's horde-attraction is more about providing a critical distraction (both in terms of the screen-obscuring effect of the bile itself, and the vast wave of zombies it summons) than causing much damage. On default Versus difficulty I believe a basic zombie only inflicts 1 damage per hit, so it's more important that the Hunters and Smokers are given the chance to draw someone off and rape them while everyone else is oblivious, or attack for a few uninterrupted seconds to whittle health away.
I guess I should have elaborated but that's what I meant, in any given situation, on normal difficulty, you can kill at least one person from the group with two hunters and a boomer and if the smoker lands an attack then you can take out 2. Of course i'm speaking of a game against a group of survivors that aren't really coordinated that well, a group that sticks together can be a lot harder to take on.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
captToilet is invisible!
Annoying bug with the source engine and happens when you minimize. Really sucks when it ends up being someone on the other team. I wish Valve would get on that glitch.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
Ok so the Witches gets disturbed with flash lights.

They get disturbed by flashlights, if you make loud noises near them, if you bump into them, and if you just hang around them long enough.

They have different stages. First they stop crying, growl at you, then they get up and just stare at you, if you don't leave them alone then they charge into you and oneshot you.

Shooting them and stuff like that is pretty instantaneous though. That's why in versus it's fun to boomer someone to obscure their vision, then hide behind her. Works every time.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Then why the **** are you posting in this thread? Jesus

Oh hai slayer. Big deal is it? Crist.
I plan on getting it, I'm just not sure yet, I try to get info out of it.

EDIT: flak-spammer, I didn't noticed there was a demo? :con: :) :shy:
I'll try it.

Last edited:

flak-spammer

flak-spammer literally
May 20, 2005
Canada
Well if you planned on getting the game why didn't you get the demo? Telling people things about a game you don't know anything about is rather ridiculous.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Mhh, no demo from Steam, nor from any mirror sites like File-Front/Shack/Planet/WhatEver.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Mhh, no demo from Steam, nor from any mirror sites like File-Front/Shack/Planet/WhatEver.

The demo ran for a couple of weeks, initially only to those that had pre-ordered & then for the last 6 days
to the rest of us mere mortals ending 1.5 hours early than advertised when the full game unlocked on the 18th...

The real meat of this game is playing online with friends on voice.
If that's not your thing don't bother picking it up :)

Zimmy

TGMZ
Can I have some of your Steam IDs so I can play this with you lot? Sick of playing versus mode with people I don't know cause they just run off and do their own thing most of the time. My ID is Zimmy_Bison. Look forward to playing with you guys.