Devastation: Mapping

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MrBond

ZHP Founder
Sep 23, 2003
USA
zerohour-productions.net
Yes, it lives. You are free to post whatever you wish (as long as it's true!). I would have to agree with the general UnrealSP populace, though -- Devastation is still embryonic.

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
McTerry said:
I got a screenshot when I own my sister in SMB 3. :D
*ROFL*

What?

Seriously, I would like to gather some screenshots of the work you guys have done.

MrBond

ZHP Founder
Sep 23, 2003
USA
zerohour-productions.net

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
mrbond113 said:
I was serious when I said embryonic. As in, there are few screenies, and any that once were are probably outdated and won't be replaced any time soon. But if you're really itching to post something tangible...
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showpost.php?p=1935388&postcount=5

An early concept (orthographic front view) of the Skaarj Battle Blade.

:\ me wonders what the rest of the mappers have been doing since they signed up.

McTerry

Nov 4, 2005
*.se
Not mutch to say the truth. I don't even know how advanced those skaarjs will be or how a skaarj prison looks like. :(

I don't even know how devastating Devastation will be. hehe.
Just now I'm currently looking for inspiration and so. Trying to know more about the concept of DS.

MrBond

ZHP Founder
Sep 23, 2003
USA
zerohour-productions.net
I will concede that, given the ambiguity of the overall goal, it is difficult to conceptualize what stuff looks like. As for the overall style, it should be known that there is very much a sci-fi/techno theme. I thought I had indicated (in the initial storyline) that the Skaarj were into higher technology than previously seen...

However, just because it's difficult to conceptualize doesn't mean it's impossible. This is very much a project where the creativity of the developers comes into play. That said, I'm surprised more people haven't offered new ideas. While I enjoy writing about the concepts and stuff, I don't want to be the only "idea man" here.

Surely everyone else has at least something they'd like to see? Even if you can't manifest it (in a model, a drawing, a sound, etc.), at least tell us about it.

Last edited:

McTerry

Nov 4, 2005
*.se
What I'm trying to do now with my prison maps are put them very deep underground.
Using scanners, cameras, laser fences, weapons and such to keep the prisoners in their cells.

It just happend that you fell right in an locked cell, from a ventilation hole.
So you need to find a way to get out from there. (SECRET) :p

Anyways. The more I work on my map the more ideas I will give to DS.

Last edited: