DTAS for Arma 2 CO

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GalZohar

Feb 27, 2008
Ramat Hasharon, Israel
I've spent quite a lot of time working on various A&D style missions, most recent being DTAS-style round-based A&D mission where you need to destroy randomly placed ammo caches, however it resulted in mission being to easy to attackers if they have rocket launchers available, and too hard for attackers if they need to go all the way to the ammo cache to destroy it (defender's advantage).

What I ended up with is even more similar to DTAS - Simply a zone placed at a random location with a Seized By trigger, meaning that if attacking side has more soldiers in the zone than the defending side for long enough, they win, and the more they have in there the less time they need - with minimum and maximum timers, currently set to 60s maximum (if you barely overpower them) and 20s minimum (if they have nobody in the zone). Zone size is a bit bigger than the DTAS zone due to the nature of Arma 2 islands, but is still relatively small to focus the fighting on a specific location - currently 35m radius.

I also started with ACE-only version that has spectator script for those waiting for next round, but decided to also make it available for non-ACE by implementing some tricky scripts. If server doesn't run ACE, people who run ACE will have the mission end (for them only) with an appropriate message, and same if they don't have ACE but the server does. Of course ACE weapons and spectator script are not available if ACE is not running, but I'm doing my best to make sure no errors are generated in any situation.

Currently it's in an "almost-ready" state, just need some testing help. If you're willing to join in on some testing, please talk to me on Steam (galzoha), or e-mail me on galzohar (I use @hotmail.com), which is also my MSN messanger and facebook.

Any feedback/suggestions/testing help/anything else would be appreciated.

GalZohar

Feb 27, 2008
Ramat Hasharon, Israel
First beta is ready:

http://www.multiupload.com/MJXBDDGLQZ

Also available on the Zeus test server and soon on the Zeus main server as well.

After I see this is working fine I'll try porting it into other islands (and adding transport vehicles as needed, since in non-CQB areas I'll need to start you a safe distance away but you won't want to walk that far). Currently in Zargabad you start about 400m away from the objective which keeps you out of enemy LOS 99% of the time, but in other islands you'll need a much larger distance and some helicopter transport to make up for it.

GalZohar

Feb 27, 2008
Ramat Hasharon, Israel
Well if you show up for Zeus gaming nights (Sun/Thu at 19:30 GMT) and yell loud enough they might put it on :)

Other than that, finding enough ACE players that actually want to try something outside of their own little/big community is quite difficult.