CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I'm on my way to Golden AK-47. All I need is to complete the Expert III (Headshots) on the M14 and G3. I have a feeling that the M14 is nearly useless compared to the G3, the G3's iron sight is very easy for me to use, so I can put a silencer on and even without Stopping Power I still can one shot which leaves me a place for something like Jugg or UAV Jammer.

The M14 on the other hand is like a car alarm gun where everyone knows where you shot if from, not to mention that upon shooting I get stressed up a bit. So I feel forced to use a silencer, but then the iron sight is rather hard to get used to. I guess I'll try the Scope on, but then the same issue will remain.

Maybe it's a matter of personal preference. What you guys would use between those 2?

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I hate the M14. Seems like it should be a decent gun, but I always just hate it when I use it. I'd easily take the G3 over it. Might as well just use the M21 to get the extra damage and sprinting. The only downside the M21 has over the M14, as far as I'm concerned, is its use in close range. Just shove the ACOG on the M21 if you plan on doing that. Or better yet, use a better gun.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I think the M14 was supposed to be good, but at some point the "balance" hammer stuck a lot of recoil in there. Still, with Stopping Power it's a two-shot kill no matter the distance -- unique vs. everything but snipers and RPD and M60.

And it has one thing about it no other weapon can say -- with Stopping Power and within 1500 units (750 silenced), it's a one-shot kill to the head in normal mode. Even the LMGs can't do this. The M14's headshot damage multiplier is 1.5 where every other gun is 1.4. 50 damage * 1.4 Stopping Power * 1.5 headshot = 105 damage = dead.

Not that that's enough to balance it vs. AK-47 power, SMG spray, or M4 accuracy, but it's something, I guess.

As for Kantham... It's hardcore, man. Doesn't matter what you use. I went 80-20 on Backlot with dotted M14 in hardcore. Just time your shots so the recoil doesn't get out of control and pick people off from far away. If you don't miss the first shot the gun is no worse than anything else, and since it doesn't sway and you're using the dot, that shouldn't be much of a problem. If you miss and the guy is engaging, duck behind cover.

It's like what I did with the MP44. That gun is terrible. Terrible. But I went 102-15 on Creek in hardcore mode by "sniping" with it. Hardcore mode removes all the balance that's in place in normal mode (which, all things considered, isn't a lot). Just exploit this fact by making sure you land the first shot you take on a guy. D:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I don't play Normal because the weapons are not balanced for **** and SMG fest are at the rendez-vous. Hardcore seems to find a little balance in there. You said it yourself back then Ashes, Hardcore is somewhat "great" because it's severe. I don't see why you hate the mode so much after you appreciated it. Sure it's a camp fest, but then this entire game is a camp/noob fest. I don't play to be pr0 I play to have fun. So if either you think I'm a lamer demo server player for playing on HC servers or not, I can't care less! :)

At no point this game should be considered seriously "skilled" or "competitive". Also CoD5 has the same issue, I had more fun in Hardcore since the only thing people could do is run around with Thompsons in Normal.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
I don't play Normal because the weapons are not balanced for **** and SMG fest are at the rendez-vous. Hardcore seems to find a little balance in there. You said it yourself back then Ashes, Hardcore is somewhat "great" because it's severe. I don't see why you hate the mode so much after you appreciated it. Sure it's a camp fest, but then this entire game is a camp/noob fest. I don't play to be pr0 I play to have fun. So if either you think I'm a lamer demo server player for playing on HC servers or not, I can't care less! :)

At no point this game should be considered seriously "skilled" or "competitive". Also CoD5 has the same issue, I had more fun in Hardcore since the only thing people could do is run around with Thompsons in Normal.

Cod is alot of fun when you are actually owning, when you are sucking it's not so much fun. Fun factor or not, if you suck non stop the game becomes even less fun. Maybe i just have high standards but i doubt it's fun dieing on everyone you meet and going something like 10-40 every map.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Cod is alot of fun when you are actually owning, when you are sucking it's not so much fun.

Pretty much, to be honest, I never stick to a server where my K/D ratio is under 1.2. Especially when I know the maps and know how to shot Heli's and that I'm the only one who's actually trying in the ****ing team.

I wouldn't even say "Owned" to anyone in this game except the ****ing lamers who camp in corners with their P90 and claymore sets (Shot at his own claymore to kill it with boom's). Or idiots who shouldn't know about this game.

Mar 6, 2004
Pretty much, to be honest, I never stick to a server where my K/D ratio is under 1.2. Especially when I know the maps and know how to shot Heli's and that I'm the only one who's actually trying in the ****ing team.

I wouldn't even say "Owned" to anyone in this game except the ****ing lamers who camp in corners with their P90 and claymore sets (Shot at his own claymore to kill it with boom's). Or idiots who shouldn't know about this game.

I don't even bother saying "owned", or "pwned", or "you all suck", or "noobs". If i see an aimbot (i seen alot) or wallhacker (alot again, i played on non PB servers sometimes, so they come on alot and ruin it), i'll tell them i hope they rot in hell, but other then that i never talk negative. I mostly joke around, or go "woot" when i get 2 people with 1 shot, or 3 people or more at the same time. I love the 5 vs 1's and you come out 5-0 LOL! that's how i got banned from the server i been at for months and they wont un ban me as they are ignoring my thead on their forums. :(

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Actually, I think the weapons are balanced well enough in normal mode. They are just situational and depend on the map and playstyle to get the best usage out of them.

The only thing I do is a ">:]" whenever I get a cool wall kill.

edit: My new HC loadout
M16A4 Silenced
Deagle
Bomb Squad
UAV Jammer
Deep Impact

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
That's a crappy server with a player limit of 40 or so. HC with sh*t maps like Creek and Countdown. I was there because a friend picked it up.

Mar 6, 2004
That's a crappy server with a player limit of 40 or so. HC with sh*t maps like Creek and Countdown. I was there because a friend picked it up.

Yeah it is always laggy for me.

I need to stop wondering around like a zombie, always put myself in positions to let people clip me.

Mar 6, 2004
Been playing all night, but i been in my own server finding different routes to take for Strike, Backlot, and Crash.

Strike i know a good route to go at the beginning for marines. The other guys always go towards the statue, or camp the alley so i have a smoke gernade and i'll throw it to the buildings where they run towards the statue, here are some pics of what i mean.

http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=strikerush1oq0.jpg

The one above it should be thrown right where the room where the stairs are and the windows around it.

http://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?image=strikerush2ab8.jpg

I hop out one of those windows, the window to your right and i sneak in because i KNOW people love camping the alley, i walk in for the easy kill. then i can go into the building and my team can come over where it is safe.

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/3643/crashrush1gz7.jpg

I toss it that way, then head on over without them seeing me run by. People will be at the cars at their spawn.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/1580/crashrush2ae6.jpg

As they all camp there in that place waiting for me and the team, i'll come in the back door and take them out when they don't expect it. My team comes in JUST as i finish them off in there.

Backlot...i dunno, everyone kinda scatters around. Anyway what do you guys think of my plan for those 2 maps i will try and do from the start of the game? BTW i have one for the other team on strike from spawn which is pretty much the reverse and you get them from behind again.

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I know I'm going to get flamed for it, but that's exactly why I hate playing on regular COD4 servers: Soldiers in full battle gear running around jumping out of windows and about the streets like crack-babies, throwing grenades like pinatas spewing treats.

I know COD4 isn't supposed to be realistic, other than in appearance, but it's so retarded to see all the bunny-hopping and grenade spamming that goes on in your average server.

What kind of server do I play COD4 on? The kind everyone moans about: servers with rules against running unless under fire and against grenade spamming.

To each his own, I guess.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
HC with sh*t maps like Creek and Countdown.
Creek and Countdown are some of the best. :eek: And don't tell me one side of the map is a better spawn, because that's no big deal if your team is better than theirs.

It gets so old playing "URBAN URBAN URBAN 8 PLAYERS OR LESS" maps. Most of the maps play out the same damn way. I miss the big ones like Pavlov and Hurtgen back from Call of Duty 1.

Mar 6, 2004
I know I'm going to get flamed for it, but that's exactly why I hate playing on regular COD4 servers: Soldiers in full battle gear running around jumping out of windows and about the streets like crack-babies, throwing grenades like pinatas spewing treats.

I know COD4 isn't supposed to be realistic, other than in appearance, but it's so retarded to see all the bunny-hopping and grenade spamming that goes on in your average server.

What kind of server do I play COD4 on? The kind everyone moans about: servers with rules against running unless under fire and against grenade spamming.

To each his own, I guess.

Smoke gernades are fine, besides you only get 1 total so there is no spamming of the nades. Throw it for cover and run through. I tried the smoke thing i mentioned on Crash, on the crash map i just played. 60-30 i finished including 4 10 kill streaks.:D