[mobo]When the OS starts to boot I get an error my my BIOS is not ACPI compliant

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

maxpower4649

May 9, 2006
First of all antera309, many big thnx for your advise on installing Win XP with the A8N32-SLI! I was going nuts over the problem until I found this thread.

One question though: once everything was up and running, did you ever see Error ID 51 listed in the system event log? The warnings appeared everytime I booted, but after a while, they seem to have disappered for now. I really hope it stays that way....

Sorry, one more question. My BIOS is currently 1009, but looking at the short description on the asus site of BIOS 1103, it doesn't seem like it includes any major fixes. In your opinion, is the 1103 BIOS more stable than 1009, or should I wait for the next BIOS revision?

P.S. One more minor question: are your SATA drives listed in the Safely Remove Hardware list?

My PC Specs:

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe (BIOS Rev. 1009)
AMD X2 4400+
Radeon X1900XT 512MB
SATA1: Western Digital 74GB 10000RPM (RAPTOR)
SATA2: Western Digital 320GB 7200RPM
SATA3&4: Disabled

Silicon Image SATA, Parallel, Serial1, Serial2, Game, Midi, 1394 all disabled.
APM disabled (but wake-on-KB still works - strange...)

Last edited:

antera309

Apr 25, 2006
Yes, I get that error occasionally too (Warning 51). Error 7 also refers to the same thing - IVICD.SYS, which is the "InterVideo C/DVD Filter Driver". It installs along with the Intervideo WinDVD software that comes with the mobo. I don't know exactly what it does, but would guess it's for DVD playback. I haven't tried playing a DVD on this machine yet so I don't know whether that's affected.

Yes, my SATA drives are listed in the safely remove hardware list.

I am on BIOS 1103 and the machine has been very stable. I do get the occasional BSOD after playing games for hours, but I suspect that this is due to my graphics card getting too hot. I have a Zalman Fatal1ty cooler to fit to it, but I'm a bit scared about invalidating the warranty!!!

maxpower4649

May 9, 2006
My Error 51 always says there's was error during a paging operation. I haven't installed any DVD players yet. (Since it's only a warning, it can't have been that serious, I guess).

Anyway, I found a post on the AMDZone forums that said disabling any usused SATA channels should fix it, which is why I have SATA3&4 disabled.

Although the errors didn't disappear immediately, but only after a few reboots, I stopped getting the errors so hopefully the problems gone, but I'll have to keep a close eye on it.

Don't know how stable BIOS 1009 is, but I guess I'll have to do a marathon Oblivion session and find out. :) (And now that I've fixed the annoying buzzing sound the onboard sound makes, I can get some perfect gaming!)

noobtech

May 18, 2006
antera309 said:
I had exactly the same problem setting up my brand new PC last night. RAM is a red herring, the problem is the implementation of APM in the 1103 version of the A8N32's BIOS.

My machine runs the following setup:
- Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe MB, latest 1103 BIOS
- AMD64 X2 4200+ Proc with Zalman Fatal1ty FX-77 cooler
- 2x1Gb Crucial DDR400 RAM
- Gainward 7800GTX 512Mb graphics
- 250Gb Western digital SATA2 HDD
- Antec PSU big enough to power the Empire State Building.

Trying to install Windows XP Pro corporate (SP2 slipstreamed) from bootable CD, starting with a blank hard disk.

It was a whole load of trial and error, but here's what I did to get it working:

1) Disabled USB 2.0 & USB 1.1 & 1394 controllers in the BIOS
2) Disabled "Cool & Quiet" in the BIOS
3) Disabled "Advanced Power Management" in the BIOS (Power-Advanced Power Management). DO NOT disable ACPI - only APM!!
4) Installed Windows XP (obviously using a PS2 keyboard & mouse 'cos USB is disabled), deleting the partition from the failed install earlier. 160Gb partition NTFS Quick format.
5) Once windows was installed, I installed ALL drivers from the Asus CD (using the install all drivers utility)
6) Shut down & restart, then re-enabled USB 1.1, USB 2.0 & 1394 controllers in the BIOS.
7) I also re-enabled "Cool & Quiet" in the BIOS at this point, although it doesn't seem to do anything.
8) Do not re-enable APM. This stays disabled permanently.
9) Started up Windows & logged in, then re-attached my USB keyboard/mouse and waited for them to be detected. Removed PS2 keyboard/mouse.
10) Installed all software and utilities from Asus CD (again using the "install all" utility)

Worked a charm, and the disabled APM does not seem to affect the operation of the machine in any way. I guess Wake-on-LAN won't work, but not many people use this on home machines anyway.

Gonna try installing Windows XP 64-bit edition on a dual boot tonight - wish me luck!!

Okay, this seems to be the only thing that works for me too..

I have a8n32
corsair xms xpert 2gig
74gig raptor
7900GT

What gets me is, why did this used to work before?? When I originally installed everything before when I had a 7800GT... I decided to clean up and redo my system and then the problems start... I even updated to the latest bios that is supposed to support the 7900... I tried EVERYTHING, trust me... I am glad it's up and running after going nuts for few days before finding this thread.

This is my first Asus board and I am used to dealing with MSI and ECS. I want to get rid of this board now! LoL Honestly, has anyone tried swapping out the 7900GT with another card?

Last edited:

Truebar

Mar 22, 2008
It was a whole load of trial and error, but here's what I did to get it working:

1) Disabled USB 2.0 & USB 1.1 & 1394 controllers in the BIOS
2) Disabled "Cool & Quiet" in the BIOS
3) Disabled "Advanced Power Management" in the BIOS (Power-Advanced Power Management). DO NOT disable ACPI - only APM!!
4) Installed Windows XP (obviously using a PS2 keyboard & mouse 'cos USB is disabled), deleting the partition from the failed install earlier. 160Gb partition NTFS Quick format.
5) Once windows was installed, I installed ALL drivers from the Asus CD (using the install all drivers utility)
6) Shut down & restart, then re-enabled USB 1.1, USB 2.0 & 1394 controllers in the BIOS.
7) I also re-enabled "Cool & Quiet" in the BIOS at this point, although it doesn't seem to do anything.
8) Do not re-enable APM. This stays disabled permanently.
9) Started up Windows & logged in, then re-attached my USB keyboard/mouse and waited for them to be detected. Removed PS2 keyboard/mouse.
10) Installed all software and utilities from Asus CD (again using the "install all" utility)

Worked a charm, and the disabled APM does not seem to affect the operation of the machine in any way. I guess Wake-on-LAN won't work, but not many people use this on home machines anyway.

Gonna try installing Windows XP 64-bit edition on a dual boot tonight - wish me luck!!

I am having problems with a ASUS A8N32 Sli Deluxe too

I have downgraded to BIOS 1205 after tryin
g the newest. I will check if get the BSOD wtih the ACPI error again. If so i will send this crappy mainboard and insist on getting a different.

Sorry for bumping this. I found this forum from a google search. It was one of the good results, so i registered.

Last edited: