Exactly what can you do with the x-loc?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

iolair

Mostly Harmless
Jun 4, 2001
Asturias, España
neil.gratton.org
Damn!

Well, I've managed a little flying in practice mode ... but I think I'm too lagged to do it online, that fifth of a second (200ms+) lag is the killer :( especially when trying to telefrag or fly.

AMMAGETSVM

wild
Jun 5, 2001
brooklyn
TeleLagging will only disorient and frustrate you. One second you're throwing the disc, the next you are running in front of it.

Keep practising offline, and focus on the rhythym of primary-alt-primary-alt-primary-alt until you've got it down. Then do it again. Always keep an eye on your disc, and learn to judge the arc and the distance of your throws.

Pabu

A God among mortals
Feb 25, 2001
MN, USA
Visit site
Originally posted by cryco
Hey Gramps, it's not "the left mouse method". It's "primary fire" method. My left mouse is walk :) You are all freaks, ye who use mouse for firing ;)

finally someone who agrees with me :)

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
2 throws to get to the top of the mountain in Lavagiant. :D

And I use the Rhahahakka method. Double or triple throws to get everywhere, even if I can get there in a single.

Xlocing around is the one thing I think I am really good at in UT. I have to THINK to pull off a good combo on someone or to lead properly with rox or whatever, I don't have to think to xloc around, I just DO it. I look up at somewhere I want to be, and before I even know what I'm doing I have pulled out my xloc and double xloced there. I'm not a great telefragger, its really hard to get the timing down on that. I do get a fair share of telefrags, but I wouldn't say I'm great at it. But just getting around with the xloc is something I feel confident about.

You should be able to xloc ok online with a 200 ping. Its a little harder, but I can still do it. Once my ping gets over 300, I start having real problems with the xloc.

rhakka

a.k.a. Zeus, ruler o' the universe
May 6, 2000
portland,ME,USA
www.teamplay.net
I have a problem, when I try to go too fast with the t/l sometimes a weapon will pop out instead of blinking to the tele (when I am rapid firing/blinking the tele)

i have heard that pushing both fire and alt fire simulatneously pulls up your best weapon or something... is there a way to disable that so I don't screw up my tele?

Ve7

Rest In Peace
Dec 2, 2000
Originally posted by rhakka
or the rhakka method, 2-3 to everywhere no matter what, screw single tosses :D

It's because of people like you we had patch 432
icon8.gif

;)

Stosh

A legend in his own mind
Feb 9, 2000
Southern MD, US
clanci.xgshosting.com
That was uncalled for Ve7. HPB's cannot xloc that fast. The current setting is more than fast enough for me. ReeeE, I don't think there is a way to disable it. You just have to get into a rythym.

I find myself doing a lot of doubles lately, even when a single will put the beacon where i want it. It just seems easier and quicker at times. A single throw will take longer, and u can use ur 1st throw to setup the 2nd. Another thing is that if u wish to travel farther faster, use long throws (such as crossing the bridges in Hydro), rather than many short ones.

Another use I found is to get from the lower level in Lavagiant back up to the higher level. If u need to say get back to your base in a hurry... It's much quicker than using a normal route.

Last edited:

rhakka

a.k.a. Zeus, ruler o' the universe
May 6, 2000
portland,ME,USA
www.teamplay.net
i just do it cause why stand or walk when you can be blinking around?

Plus I don't do it nearly fast enough to be slowed down by the game (re: patch 432) but I would like to do it a bit faster but that ****ing double button thing screws me up.

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Rhahahakka, I have never found a way to disable that. I used to have the same problem before the 430 patch when you could teletrain. I used to try to teletrain real fast and wind up switching to my previous weapon. Now that you can only xloc a few times a second anyway, I don't try to do it so fast and don't have that problem anymore.

-=[ CroitiX ]=-

mean people suck, nice people swallow
Sep 19, 2000
www.croitix.f2s.com
another one that isnt mentiont yet:

u can go behind the van's (near the water) in CTF-NIVEN
there is no point in doing that, but the other players will start wondering how u get there...