Guys check the Epic Games page!!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
As I said earlier in the deleted thread, I might know what it is, but no I am not sure, so it is just my speculation.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
It is not a game you've heard, so it must be either: some UT3 addon, or other three things I can think of, but won't tell in case I will spoil it.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I didn't see the page, because I wasn't at my PC last night. Did anybody have a look at the page source (first thing to do in such case, maybe there was a little hint in the metatags or whereever).

I did. There was nothing there, only the image and tags to position it properly. The image name wasn't interesting, too, can't remember it right now, though.

Too bad it's not a game...

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Why would they release UEngine 3 sources? It more seems like that they will release the old engine source codes, if that happens? But Uengine3? They said even releasing first engine could create potentional competition. I wouldn't count on them releasing UEngine3 sources.

EDIT: Who the hell added the tag leotck strikes again?

Last edited:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Why would they release UEngine 3 sources? It more seems like that they will release the old engine source codes, if that happens? But Uengine3? They said even releasing first engine could create potentional competition. I wouldn't count on them releasing UEngine3 sources.

They did this with UE2 a few years after it was being used commercially. I don't think it was a full-blown source dump, just a generic version of the engine that people could use for their own projects (ie. academics and garage developers).

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
They did this with UE2 a few years after it was being used commercially. I don't think it was a full-blown source dump, just a generic version of the engine that people could use for their own projects (ie. academics and garage developers).

No, they never released the actual engine sources for any version of the engine. What they did release was a standalone version of Unreal Engine 2 that was basically a stripped-down version of UT2003 with a demo level and a basic GUI. It came with the editor and the UnrealScript source code and that's all you need.

The UE2 Runtime came with an EULA that restricted modifications to non-game use. The free "demo" version was for educational use only, while there also was a commercial license available, but that also only permitted non-game modifications. To create games you either had to mod UT2004 or get an actual Unreal Engine license.

hieloco

Jan 22, 2008
San Salvador, El Salvador
It would be pretty cool if the announcement was that they will release UE2.5 competitively priced against Unity and those engines. UE2.5 can still churn out some really good graphics if used well!

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Sounds to me like someone is risking their job... for nothing. Although that particular site hardly got any information out of the deal.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Nah, not this. There are already sites out there on the internet that suggest what it probably is (and they also claim to have moles at EPIC's to "back up" their claims).

Moles? I think it is just rumors, and what do they suggest? The engine stuff?