UTLive or Unreal Tournament 4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT99Live or Unreal Tournament 4

• Total voters

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
There is a good game underneath all the issues UT3 has, and we know that. If this expansion fixes most of them, or even if it only fixes the major gripe (which is somehow the UI... :rolleyes:) then that means potentially that many more players playing it.
why the rolleyes? I think it says something about how good this game really is if the biggest problem people can think of is the UI. "Darkpulse is wrong" must be added! :lol:

Although keep in mind i completely agree with your post.

Last edited:

Peregrine

Death from above
Jan 16, 2001
Lake Erie Shoreline
www.gaihope.net
why the rolleyes? I think it says something about how good this game really is if the biggest problem people can think of is the UI.

*rofl* I didn't think of it that way. The game must be near perfect then!

It just annoys me (as I said in another thread), and quite frankly I find it unbelievable, that there is even one person on this planet that will not play a game because he\she doesn't like the UI.

"Man, I love xxxx game, but I quit playing because the UI sucks!" :rolleyes:<--- there it is!

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org

It just annoys me (as I said in another thread), and quite frankly I find it unbelievable, that there is even one person on this planet that will not play a game because he\she doesn't like the UI.

"Man, I love xxxx game, but I quit playing because the UI sucks!" :rolleyes:<--- there it is!

I'm not playing because no one else is playing.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
why the rolleyes? I think it says something about how good this game really is if the biggest problem people can think of is the UI. "Darkpulse is wrong" must be added! :lol:

Although keep in mind i completely agree with your post.
I just think it's really a ridiculous thing to gripe about a game's UI, especially when I've seen far, far worse UIs. To be fair there's some bugs that it doesn't do (like save offline settings) but jeez. People complain they have to use a third-party tool and INI tweaking, something we've done for years and in previous UTs...

I dunno, just kinda frustrating to hear people complaining about the same stuff for the last year.

Peregrine's got the idea. He said it a lot better than I did, but I don't think my response should be deleted, so I'll tack his on for emphasis.

Last edited:

fgxstudioHR

Oct 31, 2010
UTLive

utlives.jpg

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
The standard blend of ideas involving remakes and sequels.

Unreal Live - Unreal Tournament in a web browser with improved sounds, textures and particle effects
Unreal II - Proper sequel to Unreal with the same characters from the original and new weapons that fit the classic style
Unreal Tournament III v3.0 - Based on UDK with demos and spectating working, less movement glitches and UTComp embedded as stock features
Unreal Tournament 4 - The series evolve into the ultimate competitive shooter with next generation engine graphics and gameplay

I want them all, but if I have to choose, UT Online/Unreal Live would be a smash hit. Making it for Firefox would be enough.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Fuzz, neither of them are ever going to happen, except the last one. They can still sell UT1 and it's way easier to do that when it's not running in a browser. It's not Epic style to return to previous main characters, at least so far (besides, you already had an expansion). And there's no reason to waste time remaking UT3. UT4, on the other hand...

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yes the first thing UT3 needs is a mutator designed for COMPETITIVE PLAY embedded into its features...

StalwartUK

Feb 12, 2008
England
Personally at this point I would rather see a Unreal (NO Tournament) game. They never developed their own followup to the original Unreal. Either a (proper) sequel to it or maybe a Reboot/Remake like what id did with Doom 3.

DeusIX

Engineer
Mar 22, 2009
Winland
Personally at this point I would rather see a Unreal (NO Tournament) game. They never developed their own followup to the original Unreal. Either a (proper) sequel to it or maybe a Reboot/Remake like what id did with Doom 3.

Just add some darkmatch mutator to your U1 install and >boom< there's your Doom3 :lol:

Uncouth

Nothing to see here
May 10, 2006
No place I wanna be.
give me a freakin break with the average joe line, who are you john mccain? anyone who cant afford a machine to play UT3 should not be playing video games and should be looking for a job. end of freakin story. thats the lamest excuse for not liking/playing UT3. Gaming is a luxury, not a right. Cancel your cable tv, or stop smoking and get a new pc, i did. you gotta have priorities ;)

You must be a 16 year old girl with no real responsibility. People with responsibility and a life have other "Priorities" like Rent, Utilities, actually having a CAR. Next time you talk about Priorities think before you make a retard of yourself.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
You honestly can't scrounge up $200 a year to keep yourself on the curve?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Well having a PC is something you pretty much have to stay up on if you don't want to have to spend a bunch of money later on.

I spend about $200 every 2-3 years and I don't have any problems keeping up with the times for the most part.