What would get you to play at FragBU?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Evill_Bob

Cheese Hopping Rocket Spammer
Dec 19, 2005
In your computer, duh.
Crazy vehicle, movement, and weapon mutators (when someone actually makes some) with more Warfare and VCTF. But that's probably not going to happen for a bit.

I like a bit of Chaos in my game.

Last edited:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
A new pc :( My system kinda chokes on the demo right now.

Would love to play again with the FragBU crew, but it's not going to happen for a few more months.

kafros

F1 manta tryouts
Jan 21, 2005
Under Articstronghold's bridge
BU servers are too far for me to join, but let me propose something:

Try out a couple of crazy mutators. Maybe players like something different (since it seems they are not too happy with UT3 as it is)

I don't know what's out there, but my guess is that with MSUC there will be something worth trying

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
So I just found out that Chaotic Dreams is scrapping ChaosUT3. This makes me quite sad :(

ne_skaju

lost and found
Jan 21, 2008
Izvarino
I'd played if it started not when i sleep. 120 ping is not very big issue for me.

When JB came out, i will be probable trying to sleep at day and play FragBU at night :)

Last edited:

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
All the more reason TO play it.
I have never agreed with the "gaming public," so, that statement is only motivation to play it more.

That would have been the case if i actually had fun playing UT3, but i don't, it does many things really well, hell had it just gotten the polish and dedication it deserved i would probably have hailed it as the best UT yet, but it din't, and ultimately i find the whole game mired in technical shortcomings and cut corners that drain away all the enjoyment of playing the thing.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Adding DOM and advert that on the frontpage is worth a shot. A return to FBU mod nights like days past might draw in players, though from example could also lose a few. It's a risk but I cant see any longterm damage.

Continuum

Lobotomistician
Jul 24, 2005
Boise
1. Game crashes (usually between maps or at the beginning of a new map)
2. Server is empty
3. In DM and CTF I'm nothing more than cannon fodder which is ok for a map or two but when thats all thats played I usually don't start the game up after it crashes.

NitrousUser

[BuF]JinxyBoi
Apr 23, 2004
Houston, TX
www.super-magic.com
I haven't been around for FragBU for a month or three because it just became unbearable to play with my old setup (Pentium D 805 and an X850 Pro), especially with my new monitor that forces me to wanna run at 1680x1050.

But I'm running a Q6600 now and will be picking up at least a 4850 when the paycheck comes in (depends on what card's at a sweet spot).

So yeah, I can't wait to get back in the graces of some UT3. See y'all in 2 weeks.:)

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
I've got a D805 and used to run w/ a X800 and did alright. This was actually rendered w/ it realtime, both ut3 and fraps getting along well enough.

Last edited:

NitrousUser

[BuF]JinxyBoi
Apr 23, 2004
Houston, TX
www.super-magic.com
Sure, jacking around in Deck, Fearless or Heatray it all ran fine, but more often than not, FragBU seems to be very warfare heavy (is it can be ctf tiem now plox?), and when **** starts flying and the vehicles are a blowing up and folks are spamming pelvic thrusts, my x850 just hit a wall and seemed to want to kill itself.

I tried turning settings down to 2 and it worked for sometime (albeit a notch in the ugly direction) but when I upped my res to accommodate my monitor, it started chugging again.

Beyond that, I got used to UT2004 delivering a bajillion FPS while looking pretty. I can't tolerate playing UT3 while it performs worse AND looks worse than its predecessor.