Islam's Prophet Mohammed + Cartoon

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
What's with the mojo fetish? If he wants to contribute, let him do so himself.

Reading your post, it sure looks like you believe it was the allround bad Americans who thought of this. Perhaps you should try reading the posts in this thread. To recap, a danish newspaper were the first to publish them, then a norwegian newspaper followed up. One thing that hasn't been mentioned in this thread is that it was the Egyptian government who actually distributed them to religious leaders in the middle east, saying "look what they have done", firing up the real hostilities.

As for all of "us people" being pathetic, it seems to me you are the one being hostile.

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Almost, the ones being responsible for distributing (and pretty much everything else about this topic) is in the video in my last reply.

I haven't double checked anything they mentioned in the video but I am pretty sure it is reliable.

OICW

Reason & Logic > Religion
pacman; son of a bitch! How have you been? I remember us talking for hours on ICQ back in 2000 & 2001. I haven't dropped by IRC or been on ICQ (I assume your number's still the same? Mine hasn't changed) for ages due to uni woes and other crap, but this semester I'll have more free time, so hopefully I'll see you on either client.

Almost; shut up.

The attitude of a lot of conservative Americans has been "Don't censor the cartoonists for making fun of stupid filthy Muslims", whereas their attitude towards their own cartoonists hasn't exactly been enlightened, especially when Christianity is made the subject of fun;

Attachments

• trall060206.gif
    trall060206.gif
    63.3 KB · Views: 22

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Perhaps you all missed my point. I apologize for my pyschomorph-sized post, but it had to be done.

I don't believe killing people and burning buildings is 'free speech'. I do believe, however, that making fun of someone (or their fragile religion) is freedom of speech.

I like to believe that making fun of someone's dead family, however, isn't very nice. And though it's still 'freedom of speech', I could understand if someone got violent in a situation like that. And by 'violent situation', I mean 'bar fight'.

But religion? Shut up. Just, shut up.

So you're saying we - the '(bad?) Americans' - have a 'World Police' reponsibility, and that we should write to these newspapers and say - 'Hey guys, knock it off fellas' whenever anybody pokes fun at anybody's imaginary prophet or saviour?

Before we even start to debate that, politics, the war or anything else, let me ask you...

Why don't they do it? Why haven't they just all gotten together, held a peaceful protest, refuse to support the economies of the countries involved, etc.? I think even that is a little extreme. Couldn't they just, I don't know, write complaint letters and refuse to buy those newspapers? Maybe talk to some of the religious leaders and go to the press with a well-written speech?

No, no. You're right. It's a better point, and a better expression of freedom to march in the streets chanting about how red rivers of infidel blood shall clense the world and then acting out in violence. Totally.

And I must admit, you really did have a point there. Christians love censorship. They hate 'violent video games' and anything involving sex (although, ironically, they're often times arrested for those same things - gee I wonder why). Crazy Pat Robinson has said before that we should 'snuff so-and-so' for a better White America.

Man, what a trump card...Christians...

Oh, wait. Snaps! Conservative Muslims love censorship too! Not only that, but they like cutting off hands and heads (and filming it, and beating off to it), taking away the rights of women, the destruction of Islam and denying children the choice of a religion-free learning environment! Well, I suppose Christians enjoy that last one too. Maybe even the second-to-last one still. They used to love that one with women...

Look, they're both bad. I'm not arguing that. I'm saying that one religion is evolving with society (money-driven with bloodlust on-the-side stupidity) and the other is stuck back in the medieval times (bloodlust stupidity with a side of money).

As I've said, I think we should hunt down and murder every religious zealot on the planet. Not because of their race, social condition, etc. - but because I think they're (to use a favorite quote of mine) batshit fucking insane - and the world would be a better (safer) place without them. This does not exclude the 'Dale Earnhardt' t-shirt-wearing, Jesus Fish-W'04-Remember 9/11-NYPD-American-Eagle-Decal-SUV-Driving, Deer-Hunting rapists of my nation. In fact, they're pretty high on the list.

I must admit though, I wish I lived in your world. The one in your head. The world where I could burn down embassies and call it 'expression of free speech' without being punished.

And you know, I always wondered...

Why do these crazies seek revenge in this life. Isn't it satisfying enough to know that we infidels will not ascend to the holy land with them? We won't be inside of their virgins. Can't they just wait and savour the victory when the time comes?

And hey, if they can't - I'd be willing to shoot each and every one of them (them, as in, religious crazies) in the face to speed up the process for them. If they truly believed in their faith, they would have no problem with that. They wouldn't have to line up or anything, and say 'Hey - kill me'. I imagine that loophole has been covered and counts as some form of suicide.

But I mean, if they stated 'Yeah, if you killed me, I'd automatically ascend to the heavens' and then told me 'I totally can't wait for the afterlife' - I'd be willing to show them the way.

I mean, what do they care if they ascend to the promised land, while the infidel rots on earth, waiting to fall into the depths of the netherworld? If they murder us - isn't that, I mean...don't they...

Won't we just end up back at square one?

I suppose, by their logic, only one of our 'promised lands' exists. So I guess they win that debate.

To their credit, I did meet one person in my entire life like this. A devout (zealous and hypocritical) Christian. She told me that if I were to murder her, it would be god's plan, and she would be happy that she got to leave earth so quickly, since she would then be with the all-knowing, all-loving Jesus Christ. She responded to the theoretical questions of her demise as if she were six, and I had just asked if she'd be interested in going to Disney World to eat an Ice Cream buffet with all of her cartoon idols.

Like I said, batshit fucking insane.

Last edited: