Review Queue

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ThomRed

Fire Fly
Mar 5, 2003
NJ
How do you find out who you put the review to or if it was a general request? And what happens if that person stoped reviewing?

BIG-MICK

Jan 6, 2003
scotland
Visit site
[/QUOTE]Well I've been waiting since the start of September for a review and it doesnt look like I 'm gonna get one here
So is there any hope of getting my map reviewed??
Is there any way I can select it for review again and specify a reviewer??
Would anyone of the reviewers be willing to review it for me??
Like Ticalion I have been in the same position .First requested a review
on the 8th of september and twice since then..no joy the map name is ctf-idol-special-edition :(...ps did not specify a reviewer on any of the attempt's

Last edited:

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
Just to keep this thread from being too off topic, (which it's probably too late), this thread was made for putting out an idea for a review queue, not to complain who hasn't gotten a review. It's understanding that one can get frustrated that a map isn't getting reviewed, but please keep in mind there are hundreds of maps, and only so many of us.

All that is asked is some patience and understanding; we are doing what we can. :)

BIG-MICK

Jan 6, 2003
scotland
Visit site
Mister_Prophet said:
ThomRed: I just made 3 recent reviews in the last week, I promise that your map will be on my next heap.

Big-Mick: I reviewed a map called "Idol Worship" before in the past, and it was your map I believe, how many versions of this map do you have out?

That was a long..long time ago MP and it was DM....CTF-Idol-special-edition is a totaly different map Pic below .......but belongs to the idolworship series ..It was my way of keeping track of them on line..."screen is darker than in game"

Attachments

• SE1.jpg
    SE1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Ticalion

Yeah baby, I like it RAWWW!!!
Jun 20, 2003
UK
geocities.com
Right, I have now requested a review for 36thChamber by a reviewer.

Does this mean I have to wait another 3 months before its reviewed?

How is this fair, if someone (like me) does not know about the 45 days general review queue refresh how are mappers meant to get reviews??

I think this place is great and there are some people here with emense tallent and vision to keep a site as big as this up and running.

You need to get a better reviewing scheme on the go :)

HF & GL :D

ThomRed

Fire Fly
Mar 5, 2003
NJ
Have any maps in the general review queue in the past couple of months got reviewed? you might just get rid of it.

It might not be to fair but to get through more maps. Cutting out maps that get a low user score. Or giving a short basic over view of the map and maybe no score.

One other thing maps that are real good like the featured map to have it reviewed by 2 different reviewers, to have different prospectives.

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
It wouldn't be the greatest idea to eliminate maps with low user scores, main reason being that a lot of people give a map a 0 for not having a screenshot. Download the map before you comment on it for Pete's sake.

As for 2 different reviewers:
1. That's what the comments are for.
2. Reviews would take even longer to get done and posted, thus creating longer review lists and more waiting.

quillion

Q-Basics
Jun 4, 2004
how about some sort of score system? the more its requested for a review the higher it climbs in priority. 10 requests get done more than 5:p
seeing as more peeps want it reviewed.

other than that it should be the mappers only requesting review,
this would cut out alot of random request hits.

MassChAoS

echo "NaliCity";
May 23, 2002
www.chaoticdreams.org
Part 1, reviewers have the choice of which maps they want to review, however, they are sorted such that more requested maps are at the top.

Part 2, I believe major of the requests are the authors of the maps, so its really not worth the trouble of implementing a mapper limitation.

MassChAoS

echo "NaliCity";
May 23, 2002
www.chaoticdreams.org
We changed that based on user feedback. A map can have multiple requests, one per person. The queue is sorted for Reviewers such that higher requested maps are listed at the top. Its still their choice which map they pick though.

Mavoric

www.mavoric.net
Dec 6, 2003
www.mavoric.co.uk
If random people are asking for reviews. Can't you make it so like the author gets an email saying that someone wants there map reviewed. Then they can decide, instead of you getting people sending out random reviews requests as they might just be trying to waste your time.

This could also stop peoples maps (like mine) who dont want there maps reviewed :)!