UT99 & 2K4 Map Remakes / Conversions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

1x.

UT99 Instagib 'ladder' champion
Oct 25, 2009
U.S.A. (West)
UT99 & 2K4 Map Remakes / Conversions 50+ maps

Since this thread has evolved - i'm updating as needed the original post is in the code box. Below are a list of Finals, WIP / Beta's, & Requests. - I'll be attempting to keep this list updated and ongoing, i have plans to be around for a while so i should be able to maintain it. (My buddy Sneh has a similar list @Epic but he hasn't been around much)

Code:
What maps would you guys like to see brought forward to UT3? here are some maps 
that i'm amazed haven't been remade.

Is this because the editor has changed so much?

People are still making UT2004 maps like crazy even to this day! (there's been 
more custom content for that game than probably anything else ever, or at least 
as far as FPS go)

P.S.
I have a couple i've done and am working on in my sig, - If you download them 
and are registered at the Epic forums (feel free to leave a comment here or there)  
i'm not really down to make redundant release announcements everywhere i can. 
But i'm curious on what you all think, i've been mapping since UT99 and decided 
i'd remake some maps, because well .. if i didn't remake the ones i wanted (& my 
original maps) - it seemed like no one else was going to.

UT3 Remakes / Conversions Finals:

Capture the Flag Finals:
[SCREENSHOT]http://www.grozmo.com/UT3/UT2341-Capturetheflag.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Death Match Finals:
[SCREENSHOT]http://www.grozmo.com/UT3/UT2341-Deathmatch.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Capture the Flag - WIP & Beta's

Death Match - WIP & Beta's

Requests so far based on your responses:
  • DM-Tundra
  • DM-Deathfan
  • DM-Zeto (Ignotium WIP)
  • CTF-Eternal Cave (remake planned by 1x.)
  • CTF-Bridge

Last edited:

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
ArcticStronghold would make a killer Warfare/VCTF map. I think someone from EPic was working on it but there hasn't been word of it. Shame...

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
It's been done, but converted to jungle. It's slightly **** tho, one side has easily exploitable core. You can shoot it from many far away spots. Also deemer is placed wrong iirc.

1x.

Oct 25, 2009
U.S.A. (West)
That's part of the problem with UT3 mapping is people overkill bloom and other effects, just because you can doesn't mean you should and too much can easily be as bad as not enough.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Proper Phobos or Morpheus would be fun. I happened to play one Morpheus remake a while ago and it wasn't good - basically copy-paste from UT2004, with awful scale and slow gameplay, inside rooms filled with distracting meshes. Something close to UT1 version is what Id like to see.

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
Proper Phobos or Morpheus would be fun. I happened to play one Morpheus remake a while ago and it wasn't good - basically copy-paste from UT2004, with awful scale and slow gameplay, inside rooms filled with distracting meshes. Something close to UT1 version is what Id like to see.

By proper you mean well done ala ut HOLP style? or fully meshed UT3 style?

And yeah, I loved zeto too, though I think it wouldn't work that well on UT3, just a thought

Raynor.Z

Feb 1, 2006
By proper you mean well done ala ut HOLP style? or fully meshed UT3 style?

And yeah, I loved zeto too, though I think it wouldn't work that well on UT3, just a thought
Somewhere between. HOLP style is good, but by saying "proper" I mean as close to original as possible (scale, style, atmosphere) while giving some UT3 touches with reasonable additional details and tweaks.

And Zeto - It wouldn't work good, because as far I know there was that doors bug in UT3 engine that isn't sorted out so far.

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Having no Zeto would be sad, as I don't have any other choices besides it... maybe Elsinore, Radikus or Ariza. I thought someone made a CTF map with working doors?

1x.

Oct 25, 2009
U.S.A. (West)
Having no Zeto would be sad, as I don't have any other choices besides it... maybe Elsinore, Radikus or Ariza. I thought someone made a CTF map with working doors?

Actually it was my buddy Sneh who made the working door set for CTF-Niven. :) (even though others here tried to say that it wasn't possible and it was a bug with the new engine) - the reality is that there isn't a door prefab like their was in former versions of the engine, but its still very possible with movers and matinee's; perhaps a little more sophisticated design work than tedious & meticulous mesh alignment, thus they were not included with UT3's CTF-Coret as they should have been.

Sounds like Zeto needs to be remade or at least converted. I have some pull and association with some of the strong (active) remaining talent apart from the HOLP and CBP crew's. - There is actually another surprise in store for the UT3 community but i can't say very much about it at the moment, other than more will be revealed.

I'm going to do some research on Zeto. ;)

I'd be interested to look those other maps you mentioned as well, there were several maps back in the day that we played a good amount in UT99 i wish i could dig those up, one was similar to Gauntlet with a lower middle area through doors with Magma / Lava, i wish i could remember more or describe that one better. There are still some others i'm sure i'll think of.

LordFarqWad

Dec 16, 2009
I would love niven, a not ruined Coret ( I really think the people that did coret for this edition need slapped, as it is more likely to cause a seizure then be a fun level) Espirit was very fun. Hopefully mappers will continue to bring forward alot of these maps and do a good job. Oh and Eternal Caves was always a good fight.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Elsinore, Radikus and Ariza are from Unreal 1. They were played a lot, but gameplay-wise they didn't really shine. I'm really happy though that there are possibilites of Zeto being redone.
Also I forget always about DM-Grit.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Dm-Zeto for UT3:

So, you can always leave those doors out. Problem solved. Besides, they are and have always been VERY annoying. imho.

And I wouldn't mind seeing the outside area being expanded as well. Instead of a dull snowy "backyard" (but that was 99), imagine cliffs, a huge frozen landscape or so...

Raynor.Z

Feb 1, 2006
What if you could blow the chunk of wall off with RL and go fight outside, just an idea.