saving custom textures...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ShadowMantis

Webmaster
Sep 20, 2001
Midland
www.visualsunstudios.com
-How can I store my textures in the level?
-Open the Texture browser and click Import in the File menu. Select the textures you want to import and click the OK button. This is the standard procedure for importing textures into any package.
Here comes the difference: type Mylevel for the package name. This will import the textures into the level file itself. You will need to save the LEVEL instead of the mylevel package. Be careful: only the used (referenced) textures will be saved so if you don’t apply a certain texture to any surface then it will be discarded. This method can be used for all package types. (Code, sounds, music, textures)

ok, on the above.... if i have custom textures... and i want to use them in my map.. if i do what the above says, then I will not need a .utx file of my custom textures????

I created a utx file for my textures and was wondering which is easiest for the players...

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
No, you will not need a separate .utx file. If you did, then it would defeat the purpose of saving them in your map in the first place.

While extra textures saved in a map will increase the size of the map, it should be noted that the textures will take up just as much space if they're in a separate file. The difference is that you have fewer files to mess with. However, if you are planning to make other maps that use these textures, I suggest that you save them separately and then zip the .utx file with each map that you used it with.