Most amazing racing simulation ever.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Crowze said:
Hmph, I would consider getting one if they didn't cost £80+ over here. Anyone have any suggestions as to a decent budget one? I tend to favour Saitek, but I'm open for suggestions.

On a related note... just downloaded the demo, started the install... and it's corrupt. Guess I'll just wait until the full thing arrives.
80 pounds?! I found one for 100$ CAD, 65 pounds. 136$ CAD after tax and shipping.

Here's a review of all the steering wheels, Saitek not even listed on the top.

http://nascar.about.com/cs/pcsimulations/tp/FFWheels.htm

Philophobos

May 11, 2001
Visit site
Derelan said:
Say Approx, how would you rate your Logitech MOMO wheel? I've been thinking about buying one.

I would rate it pretty high, I guess, though I have never owned any other steering wheel. I would like the FF to be a tad stronger, but it's very decent nonetheless.

I'm probably not the person to be asking though; I bought the thing primarily so I could drive the wrong way in NASCAR 2003 to cause mayhem, as without a steering wheel steering asist is forced on and that game flat out won't let you turn very much to either side :D . I know, I'm an ass-clown. However, I can say that I am glad I have it and after putting it to some legitimate use in RBR, I think I can safely say I'd never go back to the keyboard.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Approx said:
I would rate it pretty high, I guess, though I have never owned any other steering wheel. I would like the FF to be a tad stronger, but it's very decent nonetheless.

I'm probably not the person to be asking though; I bought the thing primarily so I could drive the wrong way in NASCAR 2003 to cause mayhem, as without a steering wheel steering asist is forced on and that game flat out won't let you turn very much to either side :D . I know, I'm an ass-clown. However, I can say that I am glad I have it and after putting it to some legitimate use in RBR, I think I can safely say I'd never go back to the keyboard.
Well i ordered a barely-used one on eBay, so if it sucks, I hold you responsible. Thats a fair deal, wouldn't you say?

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Crowze said:
Really? Might drive over there and pick one up, it's just down the road from me.

Found the Logitech MOMO Force for £68... still too much. To be honest, I'll wait for the game to arrive before making any decisions.
How is 68 for that wheel too much? Thats the best deal you're gonna find unless you buy it used on ebay. Some large-chain stores are still selling it for 200$ over here! (120 pounds).

Philophobos

May 11, 2001
Visit site
I paid $99 USD for my Logitech MOMO Racing. I don't know what MOMO stands for, but I am pretty sure the word being on my steering wheel is pissing me off.

@Derelan: Alright. But that means if you like it you have to buy me a pizza.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
FeelTheUniverseXXX said:
I chose the Saitek R440 over the Logitech wheels. It feels better in my (large) hands.

Ah. I prefer the Logitech one, because it is available easily to me, features a choice between butterfly shifters or stick shifters, both shifters also act as a potentiometer axis, its very heavy pedal base, more buttons, and its raved FF realism.

Approx said:
I paid $99 USD for my Logitech MOMO Racing. I don't know what MOMO stands for, but I am pretty sure the word being on my steering wheel is pissing me off.

I found one for $73.99 USD, i think i found a good deal :D

This is MOMO Design, they basically stylize products and slap their name on it. Like Ferrari makes windsheild wiper blades, MOMO makes stickshift handles.

Approx said:
@Derelan: Alright. But that means if you like it you have to buy me a pizza.

I owe you a coke. Don't bring Pizza into this, she never did anything to harm either of us.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
I'll take that as a no. Besides, I'm getting fairly adept with my gamepad. I hope I'm not the only one who took the jump on Mineshaft at full pelt first time ;).

Anyone want to give the RBRnet mod a go?

EDIT: My final stage time: 1:19.77 woohoo! ;)

Last edited:

BobTheFearlessFish

Jun 2, 2000
Nottingham, England
i got this today. im having a lot of fun with it. first racing game where manual gears have helped at all. though i think im at a disadvantage being unable to drive in real life. the pedals take soem getting used to :p

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
So what is the difference between xbox and pc version? I am not getting it for PC (don't want to play anything on PC anymore) but I must say I am getting interested if the xbox version is quality as well.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
moeburn_rbr.jpg

This is why I love RBR (and Fraps). View my terrible driving skils:

18mB 640x480
8mB 320x240

Sorry about the WMV, its the best encoder I can figure out at the moment.

Last edited: