Idea for UT 99 (mod)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emu5088

Nov 11, 2004
Hi everyone,
One idea has been killing me for a long time. I really want to see this. You know how the ripper will shoot a disc and it will bounce about four times then dissappear? What if there was something that would make the disc stay around for hundreds (or more) bounces. It would be cool if it didn't disappear if it went far off in the distance, like it normaly does. I realize that there would have to be limited ammo to prevent severe lag, but it doesn't seem like the idea is too hard to accomplish. Any thoughts? If someone could tell me how to do this, I'd gladly work on it myself.
-emu5088

Jun 28, 2005
Jamaica, mon! Hahaha!
To do such a think, one would need to go into the defautlt properties or the razor blede under [+]Projectiles and edit the life span, of that specific projectile. Before that, you must make up a different projectile, (I don't realy know how...), copy it's scrypt from blade, and then save it under a different class. NOTE: I've stoppd fooling around with such stuff because My ut's all messed up and there is alteadt a mutator called lifespan but it only lasts about 12 or 20 bounces... Good but kinda laggy at few points in time.

Last edited:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
aw jeez, there was something that already did this but I can't remember the name. It made the razors and bio goo stick around for a long time. Damn it.

Try going through our extremely old archive over on the PU site.

www.planetunreal.com/modsquad

There's lots of broken links but you gotta hand it to Fragmaster: He said he would leave the site up and he has. (A GSI guy good on his word. THAT'S one of the signs of the Apocalypse for sure. ;))

I think the mutator involved the word "life", but I'm not certain about that. Sorry I can't be more help than this.

emu5088

Nov 11, 2004
Thanks for the help. Its really cool. Suprizingly, I searched 'ripper' and the mod was one of the first results!:D Fileplanet doesn't seem to have it anymore. I was able to get it from the designer's website. It is indeed called 'lifespan.' Believe it or not, it is not laggy at all on my computer, and I'm satisfied with the amount of bounces. Sorry, I didn't think it existed, let alone appear right away in the search results!
-emu5088

Last edited:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Glad it's what you're looking for! :D

Well, I guess there's no more need for this thread then. I'll just close it up. (Besides, I haven't got to do it for so long. I need to have my fun :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.