Q: Dedicated server on a Linux box?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Laszlo Menczel

Feb 10, 2000
Visit site
Hi,

I have got enough spare parts to make a decent Linux box. I would like to use it for running an UT server, but have no experience at all in this matter. I would appreciate a little help (e.g. pointers to approriate tutorials or other documents on running UT servers). I searched a couple of places but could not find anything on this topic :-(

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
Note: All pre 425 patches are Epic's. 425 and above will be taken care of by Loki games. Loki now offers tech support and other LinuxUT resources, but only for 425 and above.

425 isn't really a new patch, as much as a new install for LinuxUT.

Loki has produced an inhouse version of the server-only download version of UT for Linux and will release it for download with the next LinuxUT patch coming sometime this week.