House... of the Dead... :)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Erika

WHA?
Sep 3, 2002
OREEGONE!!1!
www.geocities.com
The House... of the Dead... :)

Hmm, I'm wondering. How do I go about ripping models from House of The Dead for my THOTD UT (UT99) Mod? And that is my question. I have the PC version of The House of The Dead (A fairly old Arcade shooter, it has a sequel.) and I'm just wondering how to get the models off of it, I will report back with the file types that are used for the game. Thanks.

Last edited:

Erika

WHA?
Sep 3, 2002
OREEGONE!!1!
www.geocities.com
Hmm...

Actually, it may be better to use House of The Dead 2, it uses .bin files.

All I need to know is how I will be able to extract things from the files, or how to get information on how to do so.

Dr. Nick

Oct 5, 2002
GA
Visit site
.bin sounds like they just used a generic filename. Usually .bin's are associated with CD images (you burn them and get a complete CD). In this case bin more than likely stands for "binary", which tells you nothing at all.

It'd probably end up being easier to get a modeler to remake the models for you.