Do you want a FragBU 2k4 Video?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Do you want a 2k4 FragBU Video?

• No, but I would help if one were started.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
What the topic says, do you want a 2k4 FragBU video?

Tell us what you voted and then answer these questions:

1) Would you agree that it is kind of late in 2k4's life (and FragBU2k4, for that matter) to make another FragBU video?

2) Are you going to want to download and sift through possibly 100 or so demos each weekend (which will probably come out to around 200-300mb or more)?

3) Would you agree that the likelihood of the 2k4 FragBU video being of equal or better quality to the 2k3 FragBU video is relatively slim? (edit: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3699609798526775592&q=unreal+tournament )

edit: 4) If the video were made, would we want ONS and AS demos as well?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I edited my post and now my sig is f**ked! GG vBulletin!

1) Yes.
2) No.
3) Yes.
4) I thought you couldn't demo vehakals... :con: If you can demo them, killing sprees with a tank are so cool.

Thing is I don't think anyone wants to make a video to showcase FragBU, but they want to do it so they can look pro, and for that reason alone it shouldn't be done. If you want to look cool, make your own frag video.

Last edited:

howlatnight

Jan 8, 2006
I voted a definite yes

Question 1: Maybe, however iirc the 2k3 video was made close to the end of its life(or for most people anyway). I belive the video could server to bring more people to any version of FBU 2k7 that is to come.

Question 2:I do not think you can send me demos fast enough! If we are looking for good frags, why wouldn't I be willing to look for the coolest of the Cool that FBU has to offer.

Question 3:Its all opinion, but even so we could stand a chance. Some may thing one is better than the other, but thats natural. We shouldn't be making a movie ONLY for the purpose of beating the past video. It should exemplify the skill/fun that we have here at the FBU and serve to broaden the BUF community. (Epic should like the idea, we may bring people to like the game so much they buy it.)

Question 4: Meh, I am undecided on this issue. The video would be easier without them, but this also means that the full FBU experience is not captured in the video, which I thought was done so well in the 2k3 Video.

ALG

Gallardo
Jul 26, 2005
WI, with the other pro gamers
1. Yes
2. No
3. Haven't seen it!
4. Yes

I think this project would take a ton of work, and in the end wouldn't really capture the spirit of the fragBU. Imo Hyru's quote thread is more about what fargBU is then a frag vid. FragBU (I think) is about a less serious attitude where there is bound to be some good humour both UT and non-UT related. We play with people we known in a gametype we enjoy.

To be honest I can't remember alot of my play on fragBU except when I went crazy as a flag runner since that was one of my only CTF experiences in ut2kx.

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
Listen to Hy's recording of FragBU TS last week to hear 2 - 3 hours of my views on this. :p

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Not sure, on a competitive note, There's no way that anyone will take out 'finish it's spot. It would be even more of a Solitaire Xfire crap.

Anyway, maybe, i just don't know. What i know is that you guy got some good fragers at FBU but who got the video editing skills? And yes ut2004 is starting to get old.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
It should be a real frag vid but of the silly things we do most of the times. Maybe throw in a few cool frags, but it shouldn't be based on killing.

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
I answered yes, I'd help, though I'm still more interested in Skold's video idea.

1. No.
2. If enough people get involved, couldn't we split it up so each person doesn't have to look through that much? I'd do it anyway.
3. It all depends on who does the video and music editing. As far as the actual gameplay goes, I think it would be better. That vid was the longest look I've had at UT2003, and I think UT2004 is just a better looking game. Plus the skill level I see on FragBU 2004 seems higher than what I saw in that vid, so there are potentially better frags to capture (did anyone count the standing combos? :lol:) And of course, I would be in it, so it would have to be better.
4. Sure.

T2A, I don't need a frag video to look pro. I always look pro.

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
I'm indifferent either way. Community efforts tend to become something like...

Oh, <stuff> would be awesome!!!one!!! It should be done as <suggestion 1> and <suggestion 2>, but don't do <prohibit 1> and stay away from <other project>.
<couple weeks go by>
So...how's the project going? Oh, come on. Hang in there. No...I can't help out, because I'm <reason not to do anything>. But you have my support :)

It happened before. With luck, only one or two guys will actually step up and do something, but if things don't go exactly as they wish, the project becomes abandoned. Just like the previous time 'we' tried to make a second movie (Stigmata vanished on us)...or the FragBU version of AggressiveAlleys (whatever happened to it?)...or the red vs blue project (no one wanted to direct it)...or Han's city onslaught map... or etc. etc.

I'd want to wish the ones on the project good luck, but I doubt it'll sound like I mean it :hmm: