Can't start multiplayer game

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cunubelin

Absens haeres non erit (Soccerdad)
Sep 19, 1999
Sweden
Every time I try to start a multiplayer game UT crashes with a critical error.
Says it can't find file DMUT

Can someone tell me what to do??
Can I fix it without re-installing the whole works?

Greatful for help!

Thomas_Player

Jan 28, 2000
AZ
Visit site
In your UnrealTournament.ini file located in the system directory is an entry like this

[Engine.GameEngine]
ServerPackages=DMUT

its refering to DarkMagic MOD for UT. You must be missing the DMOT.u file or the DMOT.int file. If you want to serve DarkMagic then either reinstall the MOD or get someone to e-mail these two files to you. It would probably be best to reinstall because of the other system entries you may miss.

Or you can can delete the
"serverPackages=DMUT"

reference and not serve DarkMagic. Open this file with notepad and be shure to save it as UnrealTournament.ini, select all files in the bottom box and type in the file name. Other wise notepad will save it as a .txt file and mess up everything.

Cunubelin

Absens haeres non erit (Soccerdad)
Sep 19, 1999
Sweden
THANK YOU!! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

You're a lifesaver and I'll worship your childrens children for ever!

Seriously, thanks.
Never realised it would be a problem as I had uninstalled the DarkMagic mod.

Cunubelin