ChaosUT Bastard Sword Bug

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Back on topic...LOL

Getting back on topic for a sec here folks, the Relics are back. I was forcing the wrong HUD with the Chaos Mod. OK, so everything you mentioned so far has been fixed except the sword. I have not shut down the server yet and tested per your suggestion so no, I don't have an answer yet about the sword. It may take several days too. I don't know yet. I will be searching the Chaos forum too which is here:

http://forums.chaoticdreams.org/

You may want to get ahead of me on this since I'm about to go take care of my kids and I'll be a few hours. If you like also, I could password the server and set it up for testing. Let me know.

Back off topic: About the map missing the minigun: I say it is up to the mapper since I'm just glad there are mappers in the first place. Maybe they hate that gun too or something. Who knows. Can you contact the guy and ask him? Is his email in the readme?

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Getting back on topic for a sec here folks, the Relics are back. I was forcing the wrong HUD with the Chaos Mod. OK, so everything you mentioned so far has been fixed except the sword. I have not shut down the server yet and tested per your suggestion so no, I don't have an answer yet about the sword. It may take several days too. I don't know yet. I will be searching the Chaos forum too which is here:

http://forums.chaoticdreams.org/

You may want to get ahead of me on this since I'm about to go take care of my kids and I'll be a few hours. If you like also, I could password the server and set it up for testing. Let me know.

Back off topic: About the map missing the minigun: I say it is up to the mapper since I'm just glad there are mappers in the first place. Maybe they hate that gun too or something. Who knows. Can you contact the guy and ask him? Is his email in the readme?
There was no readme. I got it here: http://uz2.ut-files.com/

And if you could password the server and set it up, I could totally test it out for you real quick.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Grapple

Yeah! This version of the grapple is a total blast and killing people with it is fun too! I keep forgetting to tell people about it! Well, so, here it is: The Grapple Hook on this server looks like your translocator. It shoots real fast and basically does not have a distance limit as long as you can see what you are shooting. It kills people if you shoot them and it does it SLOWLY! You can grab a rifle, change to your grapple hook. Shoot the sky or ceiling, grapple all the way up to the top of the map, change weapons to the rifle (you will not fall) and start sniping! Hardly anyone will ever notice that you're there. I'll be basically done with the kids in about an hour or maybe a little bit longer but as long as nobody is on the server, I'll shut it down, set it up per your test needs and PM you the password on this forum. We'll connect and test.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Set...

It is set up. I sent you a PM with the password. Connect to:

98.197.145.227:7727

I had to run it as a gametype instead of just a mutator added DM server so it won't show in the DM master server list. You have to connect by using the IP address.

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
I have tested it out and it works on your server just as well. Sorry.

Time to take a trip to the Chaotic forums. :\

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Well...

Well, I glad I got to try to help in testing mode. I'm unclear about what you are expecting actually. You have a sword and it is always up anless you are attacking. They have a sword and they are going to attack. Even while I had my sword in block mode, the bots could kill me. Are you saying that if you hold the block button and attack at the same time that you stay in block mode and can't die unless you click your alternate fire button again thus disabling your perfect block mode?

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Are you saying that if you hold the block button and attack at the same time that you stay in block mode and can't die unless you click your alternate fire button again thus disabling your perfect block mode?
Yes.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
OK

OK! Sounds like you need to reinstall. It doesn't happen to me but it does everywhere you try it. My install works as it should and yours doesnt? Yep, reinstall from the ground up is my next best suggestion. Maybe you have discovered a cheat capabilty. I mean if you can't be hurt yet you can still attack and it isn't the expected result of using the mod yet it gives you an advantage that you can use, it is like a cheat capability. Can you still be killed from behind becasue the readme for this sword defense dsays that while it can even defend a player from snipers and rockets and all of the weapons, it also says you must be forward facing the attack for it to defend.

I'm just grasoing ast straws here. I'm not saying that you would cheat or intend to or anything like that. I'm saying maybe you discovered a major flaw somewhere in the code based on your particular player install. Keep digging. I have already notified my only people who might have a better answer and am waiting to see if I get a reply. Take it easy!

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
OK! Sounds like you need to reinstall. It doesn't happen to me but it does everywhere you try it. My install works as it should and yours doesnt? Yep, reinstall from the ground up is my next best suggestion. Maybe you have discovered a cheat capabilty. I mean if you can't be hurt yet you can still attack and it isn't the expected result of using the mod yet it gives you an advantage that you can use, it is like a cheat capability. Can you still be killed from behind becasue the readme for this sword defense dsays that while it can even defend a player from snipers and rockets and all of the weapons, it also says you must be forward facing the attack for it to defend.

I'm just grasoing ast straws here. I'm not saying that you would cheat or intend to or anything like that. I'm saying maybe you discovered a major flaw somewhere in the code based on your particular player install. Keep digging. I have already notified my only people who might have a better answer and am waiting to see if I get a reply. Take it easy!
I have installed several times on different computers and they all have the same problem. :\ Why don't we meet up on your server and I'll show you.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Good idea!

That is a good idea! I'd love to see this. I'm hitting the sack now and have a pretty busy family day tomorrow but I will post here when I know I can set the server back up for us to test on it in peace. Have a good one!

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Do-over

Lets realign here. I got hung up upgrading my main PC from XP Pro to Win 7Ultimate 64 bit! I still don't even have UT installed on it yet and am sure I'll have to find all of the multiprocessor patches and all of that stuff to get it to go on this new machine.

I'll ping you here when I get it all up and ready to rock alright?

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Lets realign here. I got hung up upgrading my main PC from XP Pro to Win 7Ultimate 64 bit! I still don't even have UT installed on it yet and am sure I'll have to find all of the multiprocessor patches and all of that stuff to get it to go on this new machine.

I'll ping you here when I get it all up and ready to rock alright?

Sounds good man. I'll wait for ya. Running UT on a multi core is easy, just make a shortcut to the executable and put in the target field: -cpuspeed=XXXX where XXXX would be the speed of your processor. For example, 2.2 GHz would be 2200. This will keep the game speed constant.

Last edited:

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Bug...

It was good to line up with you and see this issue in real life. Thanks for your patience with me. I have taken the issue to several other folks in the CHAOS community. Several of them being actual creators of this CHOAS mod and recently got this answer back from one of the main guys. I thought I'd bring this topic to closure by posting it here for you. Here it is:

Since you've been active with Chaos lately, I'll take a few mins and give you the respect of the long answer.

First of all, do you realize how long it's been since I was testing and/or playing CUT? On top of that, look at CUT2, and try to imagine how many bug and bug reports we've dealt with since then. So yeah, sorry but I just don't remember that particular issue.

And if it does exist, that doesn't mean we weren't aware of it. We sometimes simply had to say "times up", and move on. We never had enough time to do all the things we wanted to do.

And I have a feeling that was the time period where we were doing multiple releases at once - two wholly separate 'lines' of code going on, one for the public release, and one for the retail CD release.

Sooo anyway, is the bug there? I dunno. Been way too long, and way too many others things I/we've dealt with since then for me to remember.

And finally, don't take this the wrong way, but I couldn't help but point out the obvious -if it makes bot matches less interesting, you could always just -not do it.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond

First of all, do you realize how long it's been since I was testing and/or playing CUT?

We sometimes simply had to say "times up", and move on. We never had enough time to do all the things we wanted to do.

And finally, don't take this the wrong way, but I couldn't help but point out the obvious -if it makes bot matches less interesting, you could always just -not do it.
1st paragraph: Just lol.

2nd paragraph: Are you kidding? This is a pretty blatant, disrupting bug. It's like if when Epic released UT, there was a bug in the impact hammer that made you invulnerable when you pressed the secondary fire. When you made the weapons, you were supposed to test them extensively.

3rd paragraph: It's kind of hard NOT to do it. It happens a lot on accident especially when you're quickly trying to switch from block to attack.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
There is an old saying; Don't kill the messenger!

LOL

I'm sorry Arnox! Hahahaha. He is calling it what it is I guess. I doubt they ever released the code and I wonder if Epic doesn't actually own it by now for that matter. I don't know who should fix it but it looks like nobody will and considering that I understand full well the answer I got from one of the original creators of the mod and why they may have just had to move on, all I can say is "Don't kill the messenger!" LOL. Peace good buddy!

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
There is an old saying; Don't kill the messenger!

LOL

I'm sorry Arnox! Hahahaha. He is calling it what it is I guess. I doubt they ever released the code and I wonder if Epic doesn't actually own it by now for that matter. I don't know who should fix it but it looks like nobody will and considering that I understand full well the answer I got from one of the original creators of the mod and why they may have just had to move on, all I can say is "Don't kill the messenger!" LOL. Peace good buddy!
It wasn't aimed at you. Anyway, I mean, I understand that they have to move on but this is the sort of bug that should have been fixed a long time ago. Oh well. I guess that's that.