INFMOD Weapon Pack 1.5 Released! (May 2006)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
INFMOD Weapon Pack 1.5 (May 2006)

The new version for the weapon pack is now ready for public download. I think it reached a level of stability sufficient for public release although more testing could have been done, as always. The release, initially scheduled over a week ago was pushed back enough. Any major issues found will be taken care of as fast as possible, as always once again.

Before I go any further, let me remind you to READ THE MANUAL. Yes, you read right, READ THE MANUAL.

In it you’ll find clear explanation on installation. Any missing package will result in a non-working Weapon Pack. You will also find in this manual all the credits for each of the weapon projects and explanation on specific weapons. The list of all packages that have been updated is also found in the manual.

Here are highlights of the changes:

INFMOD_M16A4 : Package renamed, major overhaul, new AN/PVS4 Day/Night scope, replaced old LAM with AN/PEQ-2 IR LAM.
INFMOD_M16A4, M4A1 and HK416 : Model and skin overhaul using the best parts of each packages.
INFMOD_M14DMR and INFMOD_M82A1: New High-Ready position.
INFMOD_NightVision : Major update to improve stability and to ensure fully working effects. Better integration with the M16A4 and OICW. IR Laser integration.
LASER Effects : All laser effects have been redone with the integration of UN17 Laser code.

And we also have a few new additions:

INFMOD_Binocs : 4x30 Compact binoculars. Nothing fancy.
INFMOD_UDAR : U-94 UDAR 12.3 mm Double Action Shotgun Revolver, equipped with AP Slungs.
INFMOD_VSSV : VSS Vintorez suppressed sniper rifle, for the sneaky bastages you are. Ideal for short range precision engagements.

Check out Manual for more details on those weapons and equipement.

Remember, READ THE MANUAL!

Then you can download the WeaponPack 1.5...

Alongside with this Weapon Pack, I am pleased to release the EAS-INF-Simulation001 Map by UN17. This map is both a mapping experiment and a training map for Infiltration. It includes a nice armory with all current Infiltration weapons, including the Bonus weapons and the Weapon Pack weapons. This map ideal for weapon familiarization.

You can download the EAS-INF-Simulation001 Map HERE.

Thank you UN17 for this map and thanks to all those who contributed to this Weapon Pack (Modelers, Texture Artists, Coders, Animators and Testers). You all did a wonderful job.

Nov 19, 2004
INSTA-POST!!! YAY!!!.....that was not spam at all. :D

Now get to work on Real-Life(tm) and anything else that needs to be done. ;)

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
I forgot something in the manual. Will be updated later this weekend.

The OICW has a new command that allows to increment/decrement the range manually. Basically it allows you to increment or decrement the set range of a chosen value.

The Manual Should Read said:
Console Command :
> OICWRangeInc <s><range>

<s> is either "+" or "-" (without the double quote, and <range> is an interger not larger then 1000.

Calling this function with +VALUE will increment the zeroed range by VALUE and calling it with -VALUE will decrement de range by VALUE. VALUE is a distance in meters. For example, if you want to increase the zeroed range by 15 meters, do:

> OICWRangeInc +15

This is usefull for fine tuning airbust grenades and is similar to the +/- buttons on the real OICW.

Note that this command can be bound:
> Set Input <key> OICWRangeInc <s><range>

Lucial

Jul 29, 2005
Fabulous pack, udar is awesome, vintorez is awesome too (though somewhat lacking in the model, no offence). And the new m16 family is brilliant, thanks for not making the ladder too difficult, i actually dont mind it. High ready baretting time.

randomas

May 24, 2001
Visit site
Thanks a million for the amazing job I love what you've done with nightvision!

Now for me to be an analy retentive nitpicking ****:
In the manual zip file please change system folder to Sytem.

I am now officially a desperate man ... the VSSV scope ain't working on linux! :(
Barret still not working ...

Please, Please, please fix the vss forget the acogs and the barret just please fix the vss.

Ps. if you have tested with linux please send me your settings.

Pics are VSSV without a reticule and starlight scope with IR pointer.

Attachments

• Shot0017.jpg
    Shot0017.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Shot0012.jpg
    Shot0012.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 63

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
*orgasm*
will test it now
20060116will5co.jpg

20060221earl9qb.jpg

Burger

Lookin' down the iron-sights...
Aug 9, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
woot! I always check the forums at the right time. huh?

...It cauld also be cause i've checked the forums each day for the past 2 weeks in anticipation... ;)

Spinnekk

Apr 15, 2006
Just DL the new WP a few hours ago and holy S***...excellent job guys.. :clap: the weapons look so good now. the new sniper is kick azz. please keep up the good work :rockon:

randomas

May 24, 2001
Visit site
I've been playing with this some more ... and wow! Everything we wanted is there even high ready! And in my opinion the vss model is beautifull (it's ut98 where talking about here!).

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Psychomorph didn´t posted yet?? It means that he is ubber happy! ;-)
This WP is all he ever needed... and somehow we agree with him! This new sniper behavior is something completly new, and the NVScope I only saw it in TC 0.45, no other game ever fetured it... the new textures are great, and the Laser trails is a supper eye candy! Did you guys notice how the laser trails slowly allings with the crosshair when you use the NVScope and the IR LAM?? Groovy!!! XD

I hope in a future release the M4 ACOG also feature the High ready position...;-)
The L85A1 with SUSAT will work the same way as the VSS, right???
The VSS is a dream come tru , thanxs a bunch IMT!!! But the PSO-1 didn´t feature a low light mode? or the PSO-2..well, I supperdupper anyway! Yupppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

GJ, guys!
And geo, good luck with your Real Life tasks! ;-)

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
randomas said:
Everything we wanted is there, even high ready!
Ehem, so suddenly now it's a we? :rolleyes:

Now the M16A4 is a "real" M16A4. Like the sound also. The IR laser is an excellent thing.

Very good work guys. I still would wish the MP5A2, AKM and FAL skins beeing darkened aswell and the hipped positions beeing made to look more hipped (lower position), but maybe somewhen later.

I'm not familiar with the NV stuff, but should the IR laser not be a straight line? Or does it depend on the technology, NV, or surrounding conditions?

I remember [UMC]Powler talked about that he sent recorded sounds for all, or almost all INF weapons to Crowze, we recommended to send em to Geogob. Is they a chance to have a soundpack with real sounding gun fire?

Burger

Lookin' down the iron-sights...
Aug 9, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
Is there an ini file somewhere where I can change the training map to simulation001? Or do I have to rename it to training map and change the original file's name?

EDIT: Does anybody have a problem with the ability to use the sniper rifles in short-range combat?

Last edited:

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
siredmond said:
Is there anyreson why we cant use the LAM unit on the mk23 with nightvision?

Please elaborate...

Psychomorph: Zeep is our sound expert. He already has Prowler sounds in hand, I will leave it to his judgement to decide which sounds to use. On the other hand, if Prowler sounds are recording of real weapons being fired, they definately should server as a reference basis.

Last edited: