Networking with WinblowsME

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

woppile

I am having trouble getting UT to play over a network on a computer using Windows Me.

All other computers on the network played fine. We are able to share files and stuff with the computer with WinME, but UT could not find any games. Any one know of any issures like this with WindowsME.

The other computers are either using Win98 or Win98SE, and work fine together. thanx

Taker

UT Junkie
Since I run Me I'll tell you what I know about my LAN setup and ME.I believe that UT requires that your TCP/IP protocol has an IP address assigned to it.
For some reason networking with Win98/98se and ME dosen't seem to work.But ME works fine with Win2000.
UT runs best for us if there is a IP address assigned to the TCP/IP protocol.To assign a IP address to the TCP/IP click on MY Computer on your desktop, Control Panel , Networking.Click on the TCP/IP protocol for your (not the TCP/IP dial up adaptor)then properties.Click on the Specify an IP address.
Example IP address:
192.168.10.1 The 10 represents how many computers on connected to the LAN and 1 is the computer designation.If you had 10 PC's on a Lan each one would have a different last digit.(1 through 10).
Next assign all the PC's the Subnet value of 255.255.255.0.At least that's my understanding of IP addresses on a lan.
That's how it is with my Lan and ME and we have no problems except connecting with Win98/98se.
The links below can provide you with some good info on troubleshooting UT.

EpicGames Faq

Ina-Support
:D

Last edited: