Garry mod players around here? (Paid version)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gundato

Wangosaurus Rex
Feb 26, 2002
In a Nuclear Missile Silo
I play, sort of. I mainly just build phallic devices, deathtraps, pod racers, and trebuchets. I need to try to make a torsion catapult some day.

Would be fun to learn how to build fancier ****. Steam nick is the same as the nick I use here.

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
Yea I play, Ill add you. Steam ID is Rorin.

Gundato

Wangosaurus Rex
Feb 26, 2002
In a Nuclear Missile Silo
Here is something I have always wondered. Just how difficult is it to play online?

Do you need to have the exact configuration of mods and scripts as the server, or is it more like UT where I could have ninety million mods, but still play on a vanilla server?

Further sidenote: Does anyone know of an actual decent set of SWEPS for Day of Defeat: Source? I actually purchased DoD for GMOD, but I find it annoying that I can't deploy my MG42.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
I think it downloads the files you need on a server. At least that's what I've seen happening on my pc. (the download animation is very cool btw :))
But even after downloading stuff automaticly I still had some servers that wouldn't show everything other players were building. I got big red text saying ERROR where they placed their custom items.
Most servers have the mods they run in the servername, most common are: PHX & Wire mod.
You can get (almost) all mods here: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/